My First Pedalboard®!

What's Hot
BodBod Frets: 1354
edited August 2014 in FX
Right, after much twatting around, I've just built my first ever pedalboard.  It's nothing much to speak of, but it's my first move from multi-fx and I must say it's quite satisfying.  Being able to instantly adjust parameters without messing about with menus is great.

It's built from IKEA Gorm shelving and I'm still waiting for a couple of my forum and eBay purchases to arrive (Behringer DC9 Compressor, and Boss TU3 tuner) to finish it off.  I also need to find myself a wah because the Antec one I bought from Thomann is being returned due to the actual wah transition only occurring in the middle 10% of travel.

As always with these things, it's a starting point.  The PSU for the M5 had to be mounted on the top because the it's too big to mount underneath and the supply I'm using for the rest of the board can only provide total 400mA and the M5 alone is 500mA.  The Behringer delay/reverb is pretty good, but I'd like a TC Flashback or DD7 at some point, but other than that it sounds pretty good and I'm very happy.

It has just occurred to me that I now have to transport it safely everywhere, so need a case of some description.  Any suggestions?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17948
    tFB Trader
    Don't assume that because the M5 says it's 500mA it actually is. A lot of digital pedals just quote the output of the adapter they ship with. 

That said being digital probably best to give it it's own PSU anyway. 

What's the homebrew looking thing?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1354
    It's a clone of a ZVex Super Duper 2-in-1 that I built.  I'm using it just as a clean boost for solos really...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom