BOSS FB2 Feedbacker/Booster

vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
I was writing this to @smudge_lad as an answer in the pedalboard thread but it turned into a full review so I've started a new thread in the FX forum.

This is the about the Boss FB2 pedal which is essentially three pedals in one. The first function is as a pure clean boost with a flat EQ and up to about +20dB extra (the BOOST LEVEL knob). That can really drive a clean preamp into overdrive or add a load of extra filth to a drive channel. 

The next function is an adjustable mid-hump (the CHARACTER knob) which is a combination drive and mids knob; it adds more of each as you turn it to the right. This function gives a TS-type overdrive to the tone and when used with the OUTPUT knob can give a massive kick to the volume and drive.

The main feature it's known for is the feedback function. When the pedal is on if you then press and hold the footswitch it seems to latch onto a specific frequency and really isolate it which then, somehow, goes into feedback for as long as you hold the pedal. The sensitivity of how quickly it begins to feedback is set by the FEEDBACK knob. The feedback function works from very low volume and I've used it in a couple of ways. Firstly in combination with the overdrive and boost to hold a particular note on a lead note. The other way is to set everything else to flat which gives a completely neutral tone even when the pedal is switch on. Then you can hit a chord and hold the switch which gives feedback for a rhythm sound.

There is also a TONE knob which affects the overall tone (bass to treble) of the output as you turn it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments