Finally… a tele

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8887
My Les Paul refinish will happen very, very soon. But by not owning a back up guitar it was silly of me to delay the Gibson refin this long. Having said that, I’ve just been too busy. So, many years ago (just before I started SC Relics) I had been lusting after a sonic blue fender CS tele. It was sonic blue with a rosewood neck and cost about £2600 (?), I’m sure the same guitar would now cost £3600+ which is just crazy. Anyway, I took the advice of a friend who told me it’s best to not plan a guitar (given my job) and to just pluck one from stock when the opportunity arose. So, I did.

Its naff picture and annoyingly it doesn’t show the true beauty of the colour but this is Duco 2295 matched sonic blue (my screen makes it look very bright!).

https://i.imgur.com/AViO5xg.jpg

Im finishing it with a rosewood neck, one of my lightly aged “mint” pickguards and some Montys “Golden Era” pickups which I’ll hopefully have available for sale shortly although Montys can wind them to order no problem.

I had a bridge I was very happy with but the ageing is a little too much for this project, however, I think I’ll just use it. I’ll pop some pics up of the hardware this morning, I’ll also try and capture the colour more accurately. 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments