Bad horsie wah

ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7513
I got this for a bargain price off @viz and now I've played with it for a while, I thought I'd post my thoughts.

Firstly, as most wahs are, it's built like a tank. It feels more solid than some though! It's weighty and a bit massive.

Secondly, it's got a massive sweep. It's not "aggressive" like the Dunlop zakk wylde, but very sweet sounding at the top. It's, surprisingly, very good on a clean amp imo. It also sounds great with distortion (obviously) though it's not the most vocal wah - it's very sweet.

Thirdly, the sweep is fairly abrupt - it happens in a fairly small amount of travel. I like this. I like "riding" the wah and don't want to rock my foot like a mad man to get a usable sweep. This is really, really nice. It's not a sudden on/off sweep, either - just perfect for me.

So, considering these can be had for bargain prices, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I use mine for funk riffs and metal solos, and it sounds great for both.

And Steve vai likes them. His opinion may or may not be worth more than some short twat in Cambridge ;)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10781
    edited August 2014
    I'm so glad you like it. Yep it's more of a quack quack than a wah wah. I love them.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

Agree with the review and love mine, which I've had for about 8 years now. I've been through a fair few other wahs in the meantime, but keep coming back to this.

I even sold it once, but was lucky enough to be able to buy it back! :D

I too like the broad sweep, and I've found I can use either end of it, or the whole thing, which makes it more flexible than a Cry Baby type wah.

Also, the switchless operation is awesomely easy to use. 

• viz;323362" said:
    I'm so glad you like it. Yep it's more of a quack quack than a wah wah. I love them.
    Haha that's a brilliant way of describing the tone!
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    edited August 2014
    Switchless operation = win :-)