Leicester (and Leicester-ish) folks - the tricky second outing

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6809
    Sounds like you had a good time. I can bring cymbals and sticks for the drum kit next time and am happy to drum.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    mrkb said:
    Sounds like you had a good time. I can bring cymbals and sticks for the drum kit next time and am happy to drum.
    Brilliant - that would be great. We had a really enjoyable couple of hours - look forward to seeing you at the next one 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4788
    I'll also try and keep some time for the next one spare (it's hard with 12 hour shifts but I'll do me best ). Happy to jam and drum also if anyone wants some time on a guitar or break or whatever. It'll be good to meet others, have a jam and a giggle :)

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    Nik thanks for organising - chaps, good to meet you all for the first time (except Nigel which was the second random time) - really enjoyed it, a bit like entering the Big Brother house when I walked in :-) great vibe and a good sense of playing and letting folks do what they do... drums and bass were fab plus the mix desk handled perfectly by Roland, great! Next time round share the cost, onwards and upwards!
  • I'd just like to echo everyone else's comments on thanking Nik for organising it.  Everyone was very friendly and it wasn't intimidating in the slightest.  I'd recommend anyone thinking "am I good enough?" to give it a try.  Playing with a real drummer, bassist and other guitarists is very different and SO much more enjoyable.  Very glad I made the effort to travel up from the other side of Birmingham.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    chomer75 said:
    I'd just like to echo everyone else's comments on thanking Nik for organising it.  Everyone was very friendly and it wasn't intimidating in the slightest.  I'd recommend anyone thinking "am I good enough?" to give it a try.  Playing with a real drummer, bassist and other guitarists is very different and SO much more enjoyable.  Very glad I made the effort to travel up from the other side of Birmingham.
    Didn't realise you had travelled that far! Really appreciate the effort. It was great to meet you and have a jam. Hope to see you again. 

Cheers!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    @chomer75 How about organising something similar in your area?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    @chomer75 How about organising something similar in your area?
    No doubt that's something I could look into doing in the future. However, to be 100% honest with where I'm currently at with my playing, it's not something I'd feel comfortable doing. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Big thanks to @ellwood for organising.. hope you enjoyed your go on the bass!

I'm not sure if you were talking about Dennis, but I'm certainly not a real drummer - not played for some time. @mrkb is a lot more accomplished than me - I'll stick to the bass when he's around!

Hope everyone felt encouraged - Jam sessions like that really can improve your playing and musical context so much quicker than practise at home so keep coming and taking part! Anyone else reading this thread and worrying about ability level - don't. Just come along and have a go - there is no such thing as not good enough and nobody will criticise you in the slightest. If anyone did they'd have me and @ellwood to deal with. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Also meant to say - well done to everyone who played yesterday as well. Especially to those who hadn't been to a jam or a studio, or any sort of playing out of the house at all - well done on making the first step into the big wide world! 
  • Thanks all, really enjoyed it!

I look forward to the next one, it was such a refreshing change!
  • Sorry I missed this - I'll definitely try to make a future session.
    Apologies for the delay. Have now booked Quad for the next session, to be held over the Christmas (or other festive denomination) break. I've booked 8pm - 10pm on Thursday 30th December. Same goes as last time - but will try and find vocals. And a set list this time. 

All are welcome. I have a new POD Go rig so if no-one else can make it I'll spend two hours trying out all the presets :)

Hope to see some of you again, and welcome anyone who couldn't make the last one.

Cheers

Nik
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6809
    I’m free that night, happy to come along and drum. Have put it on calendar.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    I’m free that night, happy to come along and drum. Have put it on calendar.
    Excellent - thanks! Look forward to seeing you
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4788
    I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (I think!) so please pencil me in, and let us all chip in mate. I'm also happy to dep for @mrkb if he wishes to have a break :)

I'll bring me Les Paul and my PT15IR for folk to have a blast through too. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

•  Count me in buddy, will look forward to it. :+1: 
    Boromedic said:
    I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (I think!) so please pencil me in, and let us all chip in mate. I'm also happy to dep for @mrkb if he wishes to have a break :)

I'll bring me Les Paul and my PT15IR for folk to have a blast through too. 
    Brilliant! See you there 
     Count me in buddy, will look forward to it. :+1: 
    Same here mate - look forward to seeing you
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Forgot to post these

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom