Anyone used a Sustainiac Model C ?

xtroublextrouble Frets: 84
I've got an old Hamer Chapparal with a sustainac in it, and it's great. I've been thinking for a while about getting one installed in my LP, but the cost and butchering (and devaluing !) has put me off.

I've just seen on Sustainac's site that they do one that clips to the headstock, and links to a sort of effect pedal. 

Has anyone used one and been able to compare it to the internally fitted one, and able to  comment on it ?

There doesn't seem to be much on the interweb by way of reviews, youtubes etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ajaxajax Frets: 76
    Just found this through a search, and see that no one replied!!

I was thinking of buying a Sustainiac C but they are out of production at the mo.  Anyone got one they want to sell??
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11773
    tFB Trader
    I have one that I use all the time for a purpose it wasn't designed for:  helping newly built guitars settle down to help them behave like they have already been played in somewhat. I must make a video of the process.

Comparison wise to the internal one - like the Stealth model they are quite different.
    The old Model C behaves a lot more like you are standing in front of a loud amp and the whole guitar shakes and excites the string to feedback, compared to the internal model that exerts a magnetic field on the strings like an Ebow would.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1814
    Hi
    Had an interesting experience with my mates paul Gilbert ibanez he fitted a sustainer to that a few years ago and when we tried that guitar with my new Kemper a couple of months back the Kemper really did not seem to like it.

Not sure why it be different from say something like guitar rob but it made some very strange noises every time you hit it.