Moog MF Drive owners?

guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4267
edited August 2014 in FX
Just wondering who owns one of these now that they've been out a while? I love the TVL demos of them, and it seems like it would suit me pretty well. What I'm wondering though, is would there be much tonal overlap with my Liquid Sunshine? If the MF can cover the same ground (& more), then I'd happily get rid of the LS and use the MF instead - along with the expression pedal for added craziness.

*edit* I tend to set my LS at about unity level, with the gains at 2/3rds, ¾'s respectively for a nice medium gain push into the clean & drive channels of my Mesa 5:25. I'd expect to use the MF in a similar manner, but with more gain available on tap I'll probably find myself using it into the clean channel by itself more often. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17948
    tFB Trader
    I think travis had one and it kept blowing up.
  • Buuuuuuump
  • Bloody Prymaxe being good at guitar. 

Sorry, doesn't help - but I do remember a thread on here where they said they had a couple and they repeatedly failed - might be the same as @monquixote is talking about. 
  • Hmm, that's a shame - I was hoping someone might have had one since. Ah well, I'll just have to buy one! :D