HH Superswitch wiring

What's Hot
Hi all, I'm looking to rewire my guitar and have a few extra options to try out. I have a 5 way super switch and a push pull pot. i haven't used one of these super switches before and I'm a little confused, the options I want are 
(push pull down)
1. Bridge humbucker
2. Bridge and Neck screw coils
3. Bridge and Neck humbuckers
4. Neck humbucker Parallel
5. Neck humbucker series

(push pull up)
1. bridge split
2. Bridge Parallel
3. *
4. Bridge and Neck slug coils
5. Neck split

can anyone help me out with this or point me towards a more reasonable solution? I don't mind losing a few options as it's probably pretty overkill. cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    Glaw343 said: 
    (push pull down)
    1. Bridge humbucker
    2. Bridge and Neck "inside" coils
    5. Neck humbucker series
    This sound set is a well-known Ibanez/DiMarzio circuit. It can be achieved with either a 24-contact five-way Superswitch or a special OTAX PCB type. All selections are usable. All selections are noise-cancelling.

The bridge humbucker with coils in parallel is one of the options in a circuit I associate with early Paul Gilbert.

The push-pull pot can only help if it served as a mode switch. It would be necessary to create each "bank" of sounds on one half of the switch. I'm not sure that that is physically possible.

Normally, two poles determine when each humbucker is in circuit. A third pole automates the series/parallel mode switching of the neck humbucker.

I am not saying that your proposed circuit is impossible. I am suggesting that even @ICBM will balk at sussing it out.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Glaw343 said: 
    (push pull down)
    1. Bridge humbucker
    5. Neck humbucker series
    This sound set is a well-known Ibanez/DiMarzio circuit. It can be achieved with either a 24-contact five-way Superswitch or a special OTAX PCB type. All selections are usable. All selections are noise-cancelling.

The bridge humbucker with coils in parallel is one of the options in a circuit I associate with early Paul Gilbert.

The push-pull pot can only help if it served as a mode switch. It would be necessary to create each "bank" of sounds on one half of the switch. I'm not sure that that is physically possible.

Normally, two poles determine when each humbucker is in circuit. A third pole automates the series/parallel mode switching of the neck humbucker.

I am not saying that your proposed circuit is impossible. I am suggesting that even @ICBM will balk at sussing it out.
    Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes I got the idea for this crazy setup from playing a mates RG3120 and really liked the options, in all honesty I was just hoping to expand on those sounds but if it's going to be that difficult I'll stick with the Ibanez/Dimarzio wiring and not bother with a push pull. I have a 24 contact 5 way super switch, thats with the 4 banks of 5 contacts and the 4 commons right? so should be fine :) 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    Glaw343 said: 
    (push pull down)
    1. Bridge humbucker
    5. Neck humbucker series

Parallel neck humbucker would probably be more usable with a hotter neck pickup? It might be a bit thin-sounding with a PAF-style one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_Mc said:
    Glaw343 said: 
    (push pull down)
    1. Bridge humbucker
    5. Neck humbucker series

Parallel neck humbucker would probably be more usable with a hotter neck pickup? It might be a bit thin-sounding with a PAF-style one.
    It'll likely be a tone zone and air norton going in it or at least something fairly similar
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    Anything "Norton" in the neck position should be fine.  :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    That'd probably be alright, it's ages since I've tried one but I've got a MM Axis and its neck pickup is supposedly sort of similar to the AN, and it's pretty dark-sounding... I would think a parallel option would likely help with that.