Smoke on the Water (of all things!)

What's Hot
TanninTannin Frets: 6020
Once in a while, some random thing comes out of the woodwork and hits you right between the eyes. Justin Johnson has form in this regard - he is a versatile and impressive player - but I reckon he's outdone himself with this version. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUVOg78QOrE

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1680
    That’s really really good. If only I’d learned that version as my first ever tune on guitar when I was 16.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Excellent. Makes me want to get my resonator out of the case again. I haven't played it in about two years!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 6020
    Yup. Me too but I don't own one these days. I used to have a Regal but it got stolen maybe 20 years ago and I never replaced it. I tried a few out a few months back with a view to buying one but went cold on the idea. Among other things, I had forgotten just how bloody loud then are! Too loud for my sedate ways these days. I ended up buying another orthodox acoustic. Very tempted to at least dig the old slide out and have a crack at it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74503
    *Goes to buy another resonator guitar*

… and then realises why I sold the last one! Actually I do miss it. My current ‘other’ acoustic is a classical.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom