Erm

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
edited August 2014 in FX

Just this evening, collected 3 more drive pedals.....

A Mr.Ed, EHX East River drive and a true tone boost.

Although the Axle Grease delay has got a new home (with @photek).

I suspect the Truetone will sit in front of the Distortron for Floyd-esque leads.

I'll get back on the others for my opinion of them.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• More?! Lol, you got it BAD, matey!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I really liked Mr Ed (I think you have my old one). It almost became a fuzz pedal with the brown dial turned all the way up

Always made me need a poo as well whenever I played it like that... thats another issue though
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I hit the "wow" because I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

Seriously, let me know what you think of the boost - knowing visual sound, it's a great circuit that's underrated. The Mr ed will be interesting, too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 563
    Gave you a wow, cos, well what else can you say? Wish I had the balls to bring 3 new drive pedals into the house in one go!

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I really liked Mr Ed
    Always made me need a poo as well whenever I played it like that... thats another issue though
    Literally the "Brown sound" then....................
    ROOG said:
    Gave you a wow, cos, well what else can you say? Wish I had the balls to bring 3 new drive pedals into the house in one go!

The joys of being single........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

I hit the "wow" because I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!
    :)) Cry, like a little baby.... :D

Loving the East River drive as a lead boost into my Mk1 Guvnor..............

Weirdly, the Mr.Ed is picking up radio signals from somewhere, with the strings muted there's voices coming from the amp. Not with any other pedals though (or with the Mr.Ed turned off)...........

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17948
    tFB Trader
    One day you are going to get the idea of switching on all of your drives at the same time and all that will be found of you will be a smoking pair of boots and some charred fragments of a Floyd Rose.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One day you are going to get the idea of switching on all of your drives at the same time and all that will be found of you will be a smoking pair of boots and some charred fragments of a Floyd Rose.
    Don't encourage him, I can see it levelling most of the county...
    One day you are going to get the idea of switching on all of your drives at the same time and all that will be found of you will be a smoking pair of boots and some charred fragments of a Floyd Rose.

HMM........I have an idea, lets see how much gain I actually have available...........
    In some areas that would be considered an improvement.........

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1471
    mike_l said:

Weirdly, the Mr.Ed is picking up radio signals from somewhere, with the strings muted there's voices coming from the amp. Not with any other pedals though (or with the Mr.Ed turned off)...........

Are you sure it isn't just playing Dance the away really quietly?  I never got any interference with it chap, what are you powering it with?
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182

In some areas that would be considered an improvement.........
    It's Cambridgeshire, how much flatter can it get? :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

photek said:
    mike_l said:

Are you sure it isn't just playing Dance the away really quietly?  I never got any interference with it chap, what are you powering it with?

Off a Boss PSU, seems to be picking up a foreign radio station.

Before anyone says anything, I know it's not the voices in my head, they speak English.........

Just tried that..........

I think the neighbours, in the next town, may have some volume induced hearing loss

:D