Does it ever end?!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Use a Strat based guitar..........

Now things are getting a bit silly..........

:D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    You want to avoid doing that with an SG Robot or the flying headstock will mow down the groupies!
  • Forge said:
    Fuzz is an addiction...says the man who has a cupboard full of them.

Amen to that!! Despite a newly acquired big muff with tone wicker I'm still fighting GAS urges for that arc effects big green in the classifieds at the mo, as well as my chronic GAS for a sun bender 1.5 and a Pigdog mk2 professional. Think I have answered my own question here! Someone tell me they have tried the jo bo mini fuzz and tell me it's not a patch on the big version so I can at least forget about one pedal for now!
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    All I can tell you is to try several, all Dunlops are not built equal. Analogman and Pigdog are both great, I don't know much about ARC but I can vouch for the Muffy quality of Stomp Under Foot, albeit being on the pricey side for a Muff. I love the original EHX too, I shall PM you with the details of the best one reasonable money can buy.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4221

When my poorly Marshall 9100 comes back from my friendly Amp Tech I shall assault your eyes with golden shiny rackmongusness ;)

I may get a few Joyo pedals though , just for  ahem " educational" purposes

• CatthanCatthan Frets: 371
    Imho it doesn't really have to end as long as you don't have a pile of stuff you don't like and not use although there's nowt wrong with that either.
    I guess the trick to that is to buy gear-brands-tones that you know are more or less at constant demand in order to flip them easily.

for me, playing the rig on the bandstand added some perspective to how what i like or thought I needed works and whether the subtle nuances that a pedal may give are heard through the mix enough to justify the pedal's cost, space and weight on the board.

for home playing only I think the best investment for people wanting to try different stuff all the time is a kemper or an axe fx or even a good VST pluggin. My understand is modelling gets better and better.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4221
    Amplitube and other modelling has its uses, but there is something visceral about a valve amp screaming it's doo-dahs off into an SM57 or iso-cab. When I sit in on jam sessions i usually take my Belcat 20r ( now called a Sub Zero 20 ) and a Boss V wah , definitely a case of " whatever does the job" the heavy stuff. i.e. the Rack or the Nomad 55 stay in the Den
  • I always want more OD pedals until I actually go to a rehearsal and realise I could probably just use one and nobody would notice. 
    There's no such thing as too many drive pedals.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    mike_l said:
    There's no such thing as too many drive pedals.
    My cupboards would disagree with you. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

^^Your cupboards are wrong..... :D

I (currently) have 16 in different flavours....

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11545
    mike_l said:

I don't feel quite so bad about having 8!
    crunchman said:
    mike_l said:

I don't feel quite so bad about having 8!
    There's a slight (100%) pissabolity this has increased in the last 2 hours...