NBAD..........

Took a punt on this £10 Park amp off Reverb,not too far away.I mean built in compressor,50w,6band graphic.
A bit gruby,this was taken after it was scrubbed down!!. I think there may be a problem,but for a tenner,worth a shot
especialy if it can be sorted.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14425
    After a glorious start, Park was eventually reduced to being Marshall's budget line. Amongst the Marshall bass amp ranges, there was the Dynamic Bass System, the cheaper Bassstate and, finally, the Park like yours. The latter two have cabinets constructed from MDF. These are prone to flatulence under extreme loudspeaker excursion. (All the more incentive not to crank them up very loud.

[The photograph] was taken after [the amp] was scrubbed down.
    You've cleaned the outside. It is probably worthwhile doing the same inside. Remove any dust, grime or cobwebs. Check for dry/cold solder joints. Squirt electrolube into the pots and sliders.

Your photograph reminded me that my Squier VM Jazz Bass is still on seemingly permanent loan to my brother.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah, I took the chassis out and sprayed all the pots and sliders,gave it a look over and could'nt see owt wrong.
    Just played that Squire fretless through it today and it was faultless.
  • Some of the park solid state guitar practice amps sounded pretty good. A couple of my mates had them when we were younger and they made mine sound kinda pants. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    £10?!! You can't even buy a Behringer graphic EQ pedal for that.

It's essentially a Marshall BassState built in India - or Indonesia, I forget which for this series.

If there is anything wrong with it, it's fixable - they're very simple analogue technology and pretty easy to work on as well. The worst case is a blown speaker, but even replacing that should be less than the cost of almost any other amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    That's the first Squier Jazz Bass I've ever seen with no fretboard markers.
    Did you have them removed?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14425
    Squier VM Jazz Bass fretless, trying to resemble the defretted Fender bass of Jaco Pastorius. 

Ebanol fingerboard has "cheat" fret slot lines and side position dots. No pickguard or metal screen screw holes! 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • proggy said:
    Are you looking at the right picture?...........lol
  • Squier VM Jazz Bass fretless, trying to resemble the defretted Fender bass of Jaco Pastorius. 

Ebanol fingerboard has "cheat" fret slot lines and side position dots. No pickguard or metal screen screw holes! 

ICBM said:
    £10?!! You can't even buy a Behringer graphic EQ pedal for that.

It's essentially a Marshall BassState built in India - or Indonesia, I forget which for this series.

If there is anything wrong with it, it's fixable - they're very simple analogue technology and pretty easy to work on as well. The worst case is a blown speaker, but even replacing that should be less than the cost of almost any other amp.

Made in Korea John.Funkfingers said:
    Squier VM Jazz Bass fretless, trying to resemble the defretted Fender bass of Jaco Pastorius. 

Who you calling a cheat?......................lol
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    Neckwringer said:

Made in Korea John.
    Ah! I forgot they did some there too. Makes no odds, it's still decent enough quality.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    proggy said:

I didn't realise it was a lined fretless. I was referring to dots on the face of the fretboard, not along the edge of the neck.
    It looks like a fretted bass.
  • proggy said:
    proggy said:

I didn't realise it was a lined fretless. I was referring to dots on the face of the fretboard, not along the edge of the neck.
    It looks like a fretted bass.
    Yeah, I see what you mean,the flash has lit up the markers and they look like frets.......