SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: MIJ Fender Strat - Price Drop - £700 each. now sold.

What's Hot
Garold86Garold86 Frets: 127
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
FS: MIJ Fender Strat - Price Drop - £700 each Sunburst strat now sold. Black still available.
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Garold86Garold86 Frets: 127
    edited February 2022
    Number 2 on the block is my 2015 ST62 in black. It's pretty much the same guitar as above, just newer. Alder body, Maple neck / Rosewood board, Texas Special pickups, chrome hardware etc. <br>
    This guitar is pretty much immaculate - no noticeable nicks or knocks, dinks or scratches. It sometimes suffers with a fingerprint, but what black guitar doesn't! There's no fretwear, marks or anything on the neck, and like almost all MIJ guitars I've been lucky enough to play, the fit and finish is absurdly good for the price point.

Am asking £750 £700 for this one too - I have another box I can post this one in, and I have a spare gig bag too. Also available for collection from Epsom. Open to offers / trades, but don't have anything in particular in mind.

Edit: have weighed this one - comes in at just under 3.1kg.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Happy New Year bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump.
    Another strat added.
  • I have the sunburst’s twin, although mine is less stock. Incredible guitars, and incredibly consistent!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ms21ms21 Frets: 5
    Hi. Could I ask for confirmation that these have alder bodies as generally that’s not the norm with Iapanese strats 
    Hi. My understanding of body material with any MIJ strats is that it's dependent on the model number and / or year of manufacture. Alder was definitely used (and still is) across a number of the higher range models, as opposed to mostly basswood in the lower models. These being ST62-TXs fall in the slightly more premium range, and hence have no reason to doubt they're alder bodies as all literature I've read suggests is the case.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 921
    These are beautiful. GLWTS
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
    edited January 2022
    Bumping this one and adding weight to the black one (3.1kg).
  • WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 88
    No space on the rack? Doesn’t that mean a new rack is required, provides an excuse for more NGD’s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here is the catalog form 1993: The 3TSB is for sure alder: http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/fenderjapan/1993/en_03.html
    GL on your sale!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @baratandre - interesting reading!
    Bump and weekend price drop.
  • I love both of these. This is of no help to you as I have spent all my fun tokens… but I’d happily take either, given the funds. 
    No love for a couple of cracking strats? Don't make me take them to gg for a trade-in...
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 380
    I’d love either one of them but unless one of the several bands I’m talking to hire me I can’t have one unfortunately.. even If I paid you what GG will offer
    @Catthan - thanks. Fingers crossed for you, regardless of whether you grab one of these or not.
    Edit: Sunburst now sold.