Cornford MK50 II info and going price

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• De_BatzDe_Batz Frets: 118
    I had a couple of black faced 50’s the original one was lovely. It played up I had it fixed and it was never the same again. The other was serial number #0001 that didn’t sound right either. I had 2 further white faced ones that were much brighter and a mkll which I didn’t like either. They seemed to be far too inconsistent. I miss the original one though! They sound way  better with the matching pine cabs though…..   
    inconsistent from one to the next, or from time to time? 

My 50ii is definitely bright compared to my Heartbreaker, but it’s not problematic for the frankly pedestrian playing I put through it…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 902
    Many of the pro-owned Cornfords may have suffered the fate of many gigged amp brands, ie: repaired and maintained with whichever parts were available on the road to busy techies with varying degrees of skill.
    As for the 'regular' issues I have heard over the years: MK50H II failing opto-switchers, Harlequin failing output transformers, Hurricane failing reverb tanks and occasional fluctuating volumes on any with an fx loop (which is usually sorted by cleaning dirty jack sockets), but that's about it.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 849
    edited December 2021
    De_Batz said:

inconsistent from one to the next, or from time to time? 

My 50ii is definitely bright compared to my Heartbreaker, but it’s not problematic for the frankly pedestrian playing I put through it…
    inconsistent sounding from one to the other and the things just kept packing up! I loved the original one though and I miss it!