• BillDLBillDL Frets: 9018
    I thought they only made shortbread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16315
    Rushed out and bought the album
    tae be or not tae be
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 9018
    Let us know if the rest of the songs are as unexpectedly good as that one.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    edited December 2021
    BillDL said:
    I thought they only made shortbread.
    And crisps. 

Nice find by the way Hoots.  ;)
  • The first four songs (by Scott Walker) are strange, but amazing. The rest of the album (by the other two) is kind of ho hum. If you want more like that, you need to get further into Scott's solo stuff - if you've not heard the late 60s stuff, that's pretty extraordinary. The 80s album Climate of Hunter is one of the most 80s things ever, and for me the standout is Sleepwalker's Woman:

After that there's Tilt, which I think is fantastic, but it was divisive when it came out. 

And from there to the meat-punching. If you do like kind of difficult music (I do, but I've seen the expressions on the faces of people who don't), it might be for you.
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 1018
    Great track. Scott Walker's "Climate of Hunter" is filled with stuff like that.

• The Walker Brothers version of No Regrets possibly one of the greatest pop records ever made. Lovely guitar solo ( previous Discussion on here about who we think played it although I can't quite remember the answer). 
    Scott's solo work is a bit challenging ( 'imagine Andy Williams reinventing himself as Stockhausen') although I love the compilation of his covers of Jacques Brel. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The first four songs (by Scott Walker) are strange, but amazing. The rest of the album (by the other two) is kind of ho hum. If you want more like that, you need to get further into Scott's solo stuff - if you've not heard the late 60s stuff, that's pretty extraordinary. The 80s album Climate of Hunter is one of the most 80s things ever, and for me the standout is Sleepwalker's Woman:

After that there's Tilt, which I think is fantastic, but it was divisive when it came out. 

And from there to the meat-punching. If you do like kind of difficult music (I do, but I've seen the expressions on the faces of people who don't), it might be for you.
    I seem to remember from the BBC4 documentary that Scott never listened to his own albums, that the recording was the event and he never wished to revisit it. So, he would have had some sympathy for those who didn't like it. 

Hootsmon said:
    Holy smoke FFS...i had no idea.....10/10

Hard not to hear some of that voice in David Sylvian's; musically not a million miles away from some of his solo work as well. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RedlesterRedlester Frets: 1080
    I love Scott Walker from all the eras. 

If I get chance I’ll put up a longer post over the weekend. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom