SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Fender Vintera Jaguar and Jazzmaster

What's Hot
Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
edited February 2022 in Guitars £

*** Withdrawn ***

Hi all,

Looking to sell my Fender Vintera Jaguar and Jazzmaster.  Really like them both, but you know how it is, something else is coming in and so these need to go.  Collection in Rochdale, or meet in the Manchester area.  Open to courier also.

Fender Vintera Jaguar in Ocean Turquoise Metallic - £650. 

Other than a scratch on the side near the belly cut, it's in great condition.  Comes with gig bag and the original pickguard as well.  Just an FYI, the parchment pickguards bridge post holes had to be enlarged and the cut is a little rough...it's covered up by the bridge itself though so no big deal:

Fender Vintera Jazzmaster in Ice Blue Metallic and Mojo Pickups - £625

This one is in fair condition, with a few bumps and scratches.  This has been upgraded with the fantastic Mojo Jazzmaster pickups (original pickups long gone). There is a non original bridge (original not included, as I don't have it), but it will come with the original tortoise pickguard if you want it.  It comes with the original gig bag.  As per the Jaguars replacement pickguard, the parchment pickguards bridge post holes had to be enlarged and the cut is a little rough...it's covered up by the bridge itself though so no big deal:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PennPenn Frets: 715
    I have one of the jaguars. They’re great guitars and cost a fair bit more new. I wish I’d waited for this to come up instead of buying mine. That will teach me!  

Anyway good luck with the sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 779
    Penn said:
    I have one of the jaguars. They’re great guitars and cost a fair bit more new. I wish I’d waited for this to come up instead of buying mine. That will teach me!  

Anyway good luck with the sale. 
    Thanks very much.

I've had loads of Jags up and down the chain. These hold up really well.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 624
    edited December 2021
    I sooo wish I had the space, I would ask you to mark that Jaguar as sold. I've been gassing for one of those for a few weeks.

Too many guitars and none I'd want to get rid of.

Good luck with the sale!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 715
    notanon said:
    I sooo wish I had the space, I would ask you to mark that Jaguar as sold. I've been gassing for one of those for a few weeks.

Too many guitars and none I'd want to get rid of.

Good luck with the sale!
    You should find the space. They are good guitars. 
  • Oh no, I want them both... I've been toying with a the idea of a Jag for a while now, but I'm much more familiar with Jazzmasters. How are these compared to eachother? Or apples and oranges? 
    Oh no, I want them both... I've been toying with a the idea of a Jag for a while now, but I'm much more familiar with Jazzmasters. How are these compared to eachother? Or apples and oranges? 
    They are different enough to warrant owning both!

The obvious difference is that the Jag has the shorter scale and has a very cutting and direct sound, less sustain (which can be helped with a bridge swap if you need). I would say the Jazzmaster is the closer one when comparing to Strats etc. A Jazzmaster neck sound is probably my favourite of all.

I'm not the best at describing, so it might be worthwhile watching a video and making your own mind up:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for the write up! GLWTS in the meantime while I wrestle with GAS
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10923
    How are those Mojo pickups vs the Vintera ones? I got a Vintera Jazzmaster recently and considering dabbling in some new pups. I am blown away by the quality of the Vintera guitars I've played
    edited December 2021
    roberty said:
    How are those Mojo pickups vs the Vintera ones? I got a Vintera Jazzmaster recently and considering dabbling in some new pups. I am blown away by the quality of the Vintera guitars I've played
    I'm terrible at describing these things. But I suppose the best way I can describe is that the mojo's just have a little bit more in every area. Much fuller to my ears, nice and clear without sounding tinny. 

With that being said, I only put them in the Vintera because I already had them. If that hadn't been the case I know I would have been more than happy with the stock pickups. They were decent.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 624
    PM'd
    Bump
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Hello there. Are these still available? I am very local and interested in both although can only buy one unfortunately. 
    blueskunk said:
    Hello there. Are these still available? I am very local and interested in both although can only buy one unfortunately. 
    Still available. PM'd.

Cheers
    Bump
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12572
    I love the JM, it's my 50th this year, I may plant a seed in Mrs Burgo's ear. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • roberty said:
    @roberty he makes the best Jazzmaster pickups. 
    I'd recommend the the black bobbin set with an overwound bridge. I personally prefer Alnico 3 magnets but alnico 5s sound good too. 

Those are 2 lovely offsets at decent prices (a rare thing in this day and age) GLWTS
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • PM'd
    roberty said:
    @roberty he makes the best Jazzmaster pickups. 
    I'd recommend the the black bobbin set with an overwound bridge. I personally prefer Alnico 3 magnets but alnico 5s sound good too. 

Those are 2 lovely offsets at decent prices (a rare thing in this day and age) GLWTS
    Cheers! The pickups in the Jazzmaster are the 58-64 with the overwound bridge. I have also found them to be the best I've tried.
    Bump
  • Hi mate is the Jazzmaster still available? I’ve sent a PM, thanks