Gibson 498T In A Telemaster Body?

What's Hot
Whenever I’ve played a Les Paul with a 498T in the bridge position I’ve really liked the way they sound for rock stuff.

I’m currently updating my Telemaster project guitar and wondering if a 498T might work. Or given that it’s an alder body with bolt in neck I’d be better off looking for something else? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15261
    For crunchy Rock tones from a pickup that fits the regular T bridge routed cavity, I would choose the DiMarzio DP384 Chopper T.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any humbucker that you dont mind more bite out of will work. The pole spacing will probably be a bit narrower than a tele brodge but it will sound fine anyway. 
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 105
    Are some humbuckers tuned better for a fender style alder body and bolt on neck construction it does it not really make that much difference?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2461
    Any humbucker that you dont mind more bite out of will work. The pole spacing will probably be a bit narrower than a tele brodge but it will sound fine anyway. 
    I think mine was 52mm.
    Duppy03 said:
    Are some humbuckers tuned better for a fender style alder body and bolt on neck construction it does it not really make that much difference?
    It makes a difference, but it's more what you prefer in terms of tone. I don't deliberately put darker humbuckers into Superstrats (I assume Telemasters are similar, I haven't tried any!) because I tend to like a brighter tone. But someone who loves the warmth of a Gibson would be advised to look at warmer, even darker, humbuckers...