David Crosby of CSNY fame is absolutely knocking them out the park in recent years.

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
80 years old and his last three albums have been exceptional. I chanced upon his new material as I'm a fan of Becca Stevens and he had been working with her last year with Michael League from Snarky Puppy.
He's been working with his son and collaborating with some real greats of the music scene like Michael Macdonald and Walter Becker to produce some genuinely outstanding material. Even Jacob Collier has been helping out.
Anyway, if you're a fan of exceptional song writing and have an ear some advanced harmonies it might be worth your while listening to what Mr Crosby has been putting out recently.
Some examples..

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15283
    Since the falling out with Nash, Crosby has had the freedom to do his own thing rather than hold out for CSN(Y) reunions. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched a doc about him recently that was rather good. Can't remember what it was called but definitely worth a watch if your interested in that kind of thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched a doc about him recently that was rather good. Can't remember what it was called but definitely worth a watch if your interested in that kind of thing. 
    It's called Remember My Name. It's on Sky Arts from time to time
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    edited December 2021
    He does seem to have burnt a lot of bridges along the way. Graham Nash has absolutely no time for him any more as he seems to be a guy without a filter. But he sure knows how to find the right people to work with and his voice has aged  beautifully. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    This track I find particularly poignant, where he writes about facing his own mortality. It's the sort of lyric that only someone who's had a life long lived would write.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5213
    idiotwind said:
    I watched a doc about him recently that was rather good. Can't remember what it was called ...
    It's called Remember My Name. ...
    Nice irony. :) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwind said:
    I watched a doc about him recently that was rather good. Can't remember what it was called but definitely worth a watch if your interested in that kind of thing. 
    It's called Remember My Name. It's on Sky Arts from time to time

That's the one. I didn't know much about him but found that really interesting. Some life!
  • Really good. Thanks for posting

It's not a competition.
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 355
    mart said:
    idiotwind said:
    I watched a doc about him recently that was rather good. Can't remember what it was called ...
    It's called Remember My Name. ...
    Nice irony. :) 
    That has to be a play on words given that Crosby's first solo album is called If I Could Only Remember My Name.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11684
    In that documentary there's a bit where he's warming up backstage. How his voice has remained after pretty much consuming South America's narcotic output for decades is remarkable.

Listen to the episode of Rockonteurs where they interview him, well worth setting an hour aside for that. 
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Totally agree OP.
    I have had the last 3 albums on repeat play recently.

Also been listening to his 1995 live album. They nail Wooden Ships, and the glorious opening makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

• scrumhalf said:
    Listen to the episode of Rockonteurs where they interview him, well worth setting an hour aside for that. 
    Guy Pratt touches on their paths crossing nicely in his autobiography ;)