Is there a plug-in for a DI electric guitar sound?

Hi all.

Is there a vst plug-in that gives the basic skins of an electric guitar through DI? All the midi instruments etc I have used try to do the sound of a guitar through an amp etc but it would be good to get a DI sound so I could play on the notes with my midi keyboard and add amp sounds etc to it.

Reason being I'm a much more nimble pianist than guitarist, so for basic demos etc it would be easier to play what's in my head with a keyboard than on guitar, and having the ability to change the keys with midi rolls would be useful.

At the moment I have to use epiano type sounds which aren't ideal to get the gist of the riffs etc in my demos

Googling it doesn't seem to work as I just get a load of plugins for use with a DI guitar

Cheers
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhistlerWhistler Frets: 325
    IIRC, MIDI channel 27 or 28 is a clean guitar sound. Depending on your samples library that may sound more or less like the sound you have in your head.
  • There are loads of these, what style do you want?

For rock and metal I use Jupiter and Hydra from impact shreddage https://impactsoundworks.com/series/shreddage-3-series/
  • Thanks yes that is the kind of thing I was thinking would exist, I just didn't know how to search it as googling "DI guitar plugin" just brings amp Sims. The Strat one in that list would presumably do the trick. 

I write stuff in my head rather than at the instrument, and I can play those phrases back much easier on keys than on guitar 

Cheers!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • It's a fairly common way to write these days!  There are a lot of advantages, it's very easy to re-arrange ideas and try different keys, structures, and tempos if everything is midi.  Even different instruments for the part, just drag the midi on to a channel with a different sound