SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Maybach Lester or Eastman 59V

What's Hot
Belated Merry Christmas everyone

anyone have one of the above available 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16415
    Hold out for a Maybach
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I put the feelers out for a Lester a while ago with no luck. Not many around. Maybe someone is having a new year clean out!
  • Both make excellent guitars, I’d imagine most owners are reluctant to part with something they know works and is damn good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
    Both companies make some amazing guitars and both make them in a way more likely to create character than consistency. If you’re very sensitive to how a guitar handles, your best bet might be whichever you have a chance to go and play. 
  • Dominic said:
    Hold out for a Maybach
    Not to derail the thread too much but, (to you and the four who wis'd you) why? Eastman make some superb guitars, what is it that's 'better' about a Maybach?
    I can't tell you ........I have played both fairly extensively and everything about the Maybach felt nicer , they are lighter and the Amber pick-ups are really good .The Maybach was better looking for me too .
  • pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Like @Dominic I too have played and owned both, and both were excellent guitars, I regret selling both of them, the Maybach more so though, it had a bit more soul and was definitely lighter. I still own an Eastman (the SB55v Junior) and dont intend selling it until I have too :#
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5266
    I fancy a Maybach Les Paul…I should have bought Con’s Sunset bursty one  :#
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
    tone1 said:
    I fancy a Maybach Les Paul…I should have bought Con’s Sunset bursty one  :#
    Which was mine, and @monkey42 's before me.

All of us regretted selling it!  Those Amber pickups are sensational.
  • The Maybachs are lighter because they’re weight relieved, if that kind of thing matters to you.
    Go back and find my add (Dec 2017) for my old Maybach Lester Cherry Lane on here
    Then tell me it's not the prettiest Les Paul you ever did see 
    It played beautifully and sounded ace .........I don't know what posessed me to sell it