Gassing for the Beatles, bit expensive !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited October 2017
    in 1973 this Avon SG copy was £45 brand new from ABC Music in Esher...I sold it 2 years later for £40 and with money I had saved from my £7 a week Saturday and paper round jobs and birthday and Xmas money gifts I was able to buy this  also brand new 1973 Fender Strat hardtail that was in a sale for £195. No case, unpopular colour and spec meant I saved about £70 over standard retail for a Fender Strat at that time and was a once in a teen lifetime chance to get on the 'propper' guitar ladder! My schoolmates hated me...

http://i68.tinypic.com/8xt0k6.jpg
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    57Deluxe said:
    in 1973 this Avon SG copy was £45 brand new from ABC Music in Esher...I sold it 2 years later for £40 and with money I had saved from my £7 a week Saturday and paper round jobs and birthday and Xmas money gifts I was able to buy this  also brand new 1973 Fender Strat hardtail that was in a sale for £195. No case, unpopular colour and spec meant I saved about £70 over standard retail for a Fender Strat at that time and was a once in a teen lifetime chance to get on the 'propper' guitar ladder! My schoolmates hated me...

that is another big store from the past that went under - ABC Music - big guys in the day and big news when they closed down - I recall the Avon SG closer to £65 when I started in 1978 and a USA Strat with trem + Fender case was £365 - I recall many London dealers listed them around £300 in the Melody Maker Classified section but no case, generally poor colours and/or no trem option, with the view to making them look a more attractive price - And i still recall a 1978 LP Deluxe for just under £400 and again with case - And in the small family store at the time we had only 1 LP in stock and 3 Strats - wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10534
    duotone said:
    Hav re-downloaded the audio books from Audible to my mobile, so will probably run through it again, all 44 hours of it.

Out of interest is there pictures/photographs in the book?  
    I've got the Ebook but yeah yeah there's some pictures in it
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn't George Harrison 'I owe u' the guy who sold him his Gretsch G6128?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Watched this yesterday, the guy does a really good job of breaking down the riffs/solos.

Especially love the bit at 6.57 playing the solo on Till There Was You

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom