Jet guitars - anyone tried one?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Alun said:
    The ones I’ve played have been very nice - about what’d you’d expect from the hardware and pickups but the necks were the part that really punched above their weight. Nicely set up too, at least in the shop I was in. Compared to a Fender Player Strat and the fret job was definitely better, but the Fender had it beat on tone by some distance. Seemed like great guitars for the money but their headstock logo is hideous, haha. 
    I honestly don't see the 'ugly headstock' myself. Not that I care too much but it seems fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    Alun said:
    The ones I’ve played have been very nice - about what’d you’d expect from the hardware and pickups but the necks were the part that really punched above their weight. Nicely set up too, at least in the shop I was in. Compared to a Fender Player Strat and the fret job was definitely better, but the Fender had it beat on tone by some distance. Seemed like great guitars for the money but their headstock logo is hideous, haha. 
    I honestly don't see the 'ugly headstock' myself. Not that I care too much but it seems fine.
    Me neither but that said part of the reason my one was only £70’used was the previous owner found the logo so unpleasant he got rid of it 
  • AcevAcev Frets: 33
    I also think its fine  -it does not have to be black boring logo always :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AcevAcev Frets: 33
    JET released some limited models - I hope some of those land in the UK.

https://www.instagram.com/jet_guitars/

• Oooh, that FR Tele is lush!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • great guitars ! 

Mines got a set of fender pickups and fender wiring in. Quality little Strat 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5603
    Those new ones look pretty tasty. I'm still a sucker for the black 350 Tele with tort guard
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    edited September 2023
    I've got the Fazley version of the JS400? HSS strat, but swapped the neck for a Jet branded js400 neck as it was the gloss I really wanted.
    Neck and middle pickups swapped out for a pair of Maida Vale a3 and a4 single coils. 
    Stock humbucker can stay for now as I don't venture there too often. 
    This is the strat I've wanted since I mistakenly sold a Westone Concord 8 years ago. 
    love it. 
  • DiscoStu said:
    Those new ones look pretty tasty. I'm still a sucker for the black 350 Tele with tort guard
    I had that one. It was ace. The neck humbucker was so thick and meaty. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5603
    grungebob said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Why did you get rid?
  • DiscoStu said:
    grungebob said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Why did you get rid?
    I bought an SE silver sky two weeks later and fell in love , so much so I bought a 2nd SS today to mod. The Jet had to go to fund it. 
    Fantastic guitar though. I put Gotoh locking tuners and a lollar bridge pickup on mine. 
    It has a coil tap but it was useless so I got rid. 
    Would have kept it if funds allow. 
    They do an offset hardtail HH in the same colour scheme that is also awesome. 
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3709
    Tried several Jets today. Most of them were very, very good. Quite a variation in neck shape and size. 
  • chor808chor808 Frets: 73
    I picked one up at the guitar show. Really like it, the neck is excellent. It's a 700 series in gold. I'm going to get one of the cheap Tele clones as I miss having a Tele single coil..