What's going on with the EHX Sovtek Mig 50?!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90fool said:
    ICBM said:

The attraction was cheap and cheerful
    If you want cheap and cheerful, just buy a Jet City instead. It will sound good, be well made, and not blow up...
    I don't think Jet City exist any more. 
    They do, but you can't buy them in the UK - you have to get them from the US, and they're only making the JCA22H (with customisable channels).

I think the only one that's available in the UK is the Amelia - which is still an amazing amp for the money, but I don't think it has the magic of the 50H.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Why would anyone want to reissue those?
    They are really popular in the doom scene and it's one of the more affordable amps associated with the genre, other ones include Sunn Model T/their solid state heads, then there's the Matamp/Orange OR120 style heads.

The doom genre started off with bands using budget gear but it's got completely out of hand. The genre has kind of become the cliché of metal in some ways, eg £4k Model T replica, £3k EGC guitar with £300 Proco Rat style pedal. 
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 180
    Reviving this thread rather than creating a new one. Does anyone have an EHX reissue MIG50? I'm looking at one but feel I really need to try one before committing. I've read they need to be cranked (understandable for a valve) but as someone who plays a lot of grunge, fuzz, noise rock type stuff I think they could be a cheaper valve option.