"bit creepy" was said ironically. 

It's disgusting, pervy and paedophilic.
    And an unwelcome anachronism.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4209
    merlin said:

Apologies if you thought I was having a go at you, I wasn’t. Easy to lose nuance on the internet :)
    Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    Where were all of you a few months ago when some users were trying to justify rockstars banging 14 year olds? Haha.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13888
    DefaultM said:
    Where were all of you a few months ago when some users were trying to justify rockstars banging 14 year olds? Haha.
    I was in the same place I am today.  There's no justification or excuse.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4897
    Gosh, we're all very PC today aren't we.

Personally, I find the short skirt comment a bit silly but I'm not above appreciating a good body.  In fact, if I was, I'd worry that I might be dead.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16462
    DefaultM said:
    don't think I saw that thread. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 13888
    VimFuego said:
    DefaultM said:
    don't think I saw that thread. 
    There was a very acrimonious one on Jimmy Page which started off on his guitar noodling and detoured onto his underage noodling.
  • merlin said:

Creepy, Perry and maybe disgusting I accept.

But paedophilia not, I think she's about 20. And possibly ripe for a bit time modelling career with something respectable like Marks and Spencer or H&M. Perhaps not Victoria's secret if she wants to remain the girl next door.

Other than that thanks for the hoped reactions to my post.

And yeah I don't see what is wrong in appreciating an attractive young woman nearly old enough to be my granddaughter. And yes I watch tennis mainly for short skirts and yes I admit to being a crrepster

She really does have a lovely smile.
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6936

But paedophilia not, I think she's about 20. And possibly ripe for a bit time modelling career with something respectable like Marks and Spencer or H&M. Perhaps not Victoria's secret if she wants to remain the girl next door.

And yeah I don't see what is wrong in appreciating an attractive young woman nearly old enough to be my granddaughter. And yes I watch tennis mainly for short skirts and yes I admit to being a crrepster

I find this objectifying in deeply poor taste. She's 19. Wind it in please. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlin said:

OK accepted.

But one last comment, if a woman came on a tennis thread to appreciate the hunky biceps of that ridicously good looking Spanish player -would you object?
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4209
    merlin said:

OK accepted.

But one last comment, if a woman came on a tennis thread to appreciate the hunky biceps of that ridicously good looking Spanish player -would you object?
    Except, to over simplify, you weren’t “appreciating her biceps” you were asking her to adjust her clothing to show more of her “biceps”.
    Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6936
    drofluf said:

OK accepted.

Except, to over simplify, you weren’t “appreciating her biceps” you were asking her to adjust her clothing to show more of her “biceps”.
    @drofluf is correct and to add to what they are saying @Smellyfingers, if at one fifth of the way through the 21st Century, you have such a mid 20th Century grasp on gender and sexuality politics, then there's nothing I can say or do to help you understand further. 

Good luck. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    It's such a relief we've got the Toyah Wilcox thread for some balance at the opposite end of the scale. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Meet Emma Raducanu the latest Wimbledon sensation - Rediff Sports

PHWOAR....................
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20517
    I hadn't realised that modern tennis players balls were still so hairy...
    I hadn't realised that modern tennis players balls were still so hairy...

It's the colour which I find alarming.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Looks like a coronavirus.