SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gretsch G6120 Nashville Jr2 - Postage now available

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4071
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
Been somewhat torn for a long while about potentially selling this as it's a fabulous thing, but I'm finally committed to moving it on. Try as I might, I just can't help preferring double-cut style guitars to single cut.

The model is a pretty rare one - they were only made for a short time in the early to mid-00s. This is a 2003 model. (I believe they initially did a run of single bridge-pickup Jnr1 models, but they were phased out after a year or so.)

Spec-wise, it's basically a 6120 in all ways (hardware, electrics, hollow build) but with the body shrunk down to about 75% scale. It's pretty unusual in the Gretsch line-up that it has the smaller body style but is still fully hollow. Most of these smaller body models (like the current Broadkaster Jr, and the Electromatics) have a centre-block.

It's in generally very good nick, no dints or scrapes to speak of, and plays beautifully. It's all original aside from the pickup selector which crapped out on me last year and got replaced. Comes with original case and documentation. 

Only negative is some slight age-related tarnishing of the gold hardware, and also some weird discoloration on the top end of the headstock face. I have no idea what it is or when it happened, as it was like that when I got it a couple of years ago. Purely cosmetic, doesn't affect anything at all. 

Pick up available from Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, or meeting up anywhere in North East area. Can also post to UK mainland.

Price 1550

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No love?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    Absolutely love it! If I had the cash I’d be there! Have my Guild and EOB up for sale/trade atm so we shall see! 
  • Dazza said:
    Absolutely love it! If I had the cash I’d be there! Have my Guild and EOB up for sale/trade atm so we shall see! 
    Good to hear, let me know if you manage to move on either of yours. 

That Guild is a lovely looking thing, though I could be tempted to change my Trade options if you were offering that Tele in your profile pic!  ;)
  • UPDATE: Being the impulsive, GAS-addled fool that I am, I've gone and pulled the plug on a new guitar, thus already spending the money I was hoping to raise from selling this!

So this is now definitely sale only - no trades - though it also means that I can definitely offer UK postage, as I have an incoming delivery from which I'll be able to re-use the box.
  • Sunday bump!
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    Ahhh - what did you buy in the end? Was hoping our proposed trade of the Broadkaster for your Jr was still a possibility but sadly the Covid impacts on my work trips means I've no means of getting up to you anytime soon - ah well :) GLWTS :)
  • These gretsch Jr’s are great 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39 said:
    Ahhh - what did you buy in the end? Was hoping our proposed trade of the Broadkaster for your Jr was still a possibility but sadly the Covid impacts on my work trips means I've no means of getting up to you anytime soon - ah well :) GLWTS :)
    Ooooooooh , if that’s my old Broadcaster it’s a beast of a guitar 
    It's totally lovely Con,  and with flatwound on at present is just splendid... but I was very tempted by the  Jr2 but as fate would have it, Sunderland and v Winchester are just too far apart and I'm hugely nervous of trying to post anything hollow or semi hollow :) perfectly happy keeping the beast :)
  • Benm39 said:
    Went for this in the end:

https://richtonemusic.co.uk/duesenberg-fullerton-elite-blue-sparkle-w-hard-case-2nd-hand/

It's actually the guitar I wanted before I found the Gretsch, but I lost the bidding war on the only one I've seen crop up on eBay, so gave up trying to get one back then. Couldn't risk waiting around this time, so ended up doing the "man-maths" and digging into some savings for it! Must get round to doing a proper NGD thread!

Yeah, shame we couldn't manage to sort something with the Broadkaster. Looks a lovely guitar though. I'm sure you'd be able to find a buyer more local to you if you were still wanting to move it on.  :)
  • Price drop - £1500 inc UK postage!
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Lovely guitar - was quite close to a deal with a TV Jones for this, but a buyer swooped in before we sorted the logistics out. Really nice guitar though - have a bump.
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:
    Lovely guitar - was quite close to a deal with a TV Jones for this, but a buyer swooped in before we sorted the logistics out. Really nice guitar though - have a bump.
    Yes I remember! I would have been tempted to offer you a part-ex deal for that Gibson you have for sale now if it wasn't for the fact I'd just bought the Duesy mentioned above.
    edited January 2022
    Am wondering now whether to look at selling the Broadkaster (or something else) and buying your Jr2... but ideally I'd still want to see it and avoid postage given it's a hollowbody.... curses the distance between us hehe... how many people would it take to pass a parcel in person between Sunderland and Winchester I wonder??
    The Duesenberg looks lovely btw! Was very tempted by a Paloma on here a while back...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump!
  • Now sold via the Fretboard.