Just got a load of effects pedals given to me as part of a trade. Bang goes my weekend...

What's Hot
stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7220
So I am now the owner of a load of pedals I wouldn't normally buy. My thought process was 'give them a whirl' and see if they are any good for the band.

I'm pretty much a fuzz, vibe (phaser on occasion) and wah pedal addict.

Just got the following 

Boss CS-3 Compressor
Boss CE-20 Chorus
Boss DD-7 Delay
Digitech Screamin' Blues Overdrive
Digitech Bass Synth Wah
EH Mini Q-Tron
Nux Time Core Delay
Caline Orange Burst drive
Joyo Ultimate Drive

That's my weekend sorted.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73157
    Watch your speakers with the Synth Wah!

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Synth wah is awesome.  

Enjoy your funk ;)
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7220
    Just a small selection of the madness, before it erupts into chaos...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4221
    I think you are going to need a bigger pedalboard ;)
    Or a wheelbarrow.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Nah, just wrap them up in that rug. That way you can unfurl it onstage and get that Joe Bonnamassa/ weird hippy vibe going.  ;)

I'm sure it'll be a fun weekend with that lovely lot. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    edited August 2014
    Nice scores :D

ICBM said:
    Watch your speakers with the Synth Wah!

:)
    You mean with guitar speakers?

(I (finally) have one on the way, but I'll be using it on bass with a bass amp/cabinet.)
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    What Le fuck did you trade haha?

Some nice gems there!
    edited August 2014
    I got rid of a HD500 floor pedal. I hate menus and scrolling, so it got used all of around three times and was sat collecting dust in the corner of the room.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4221
    You got yourself a cracking deal there, well done :)
    Dave_Mc said:

You mean with guitar speakers?

(I (finally) have one on the way, but I'll be using it on bass with a bass amp/cabinet.)
    Especially guitar speakers, but watch it even with bass ones. It kicks out a *massive* amount of resonant low-end on some settings.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Ok, thanks for the heads-up, will do. Is that worse at higher volumes, I'm guessing? I'll only likely be playing at pretty low volumes, at least any time soon :D

(I went for the bass one because it was cheaper, and also I thought the sub-octave mode might be useful since I had been half-thinking of an octave pedal at one point... hope it doesn't kill my speakers, lol.)
    Just found out how to get dotted 8th notes out the DD-7.

Useful.

Dave_Mc said:
    Ok, thanks for the heads-up, will do. Is that worse at higher volumes, I'm guessing? I'll only likely be playing at pretty low volumes, at least any time soon :D

(I went for the bass one because it was cheaper, and also I thought the sub-octave mode might be useful since I had been half-thinking of an octave pedal at one point... hope it doesn't kill my speakers, lol.)
    At low volumes it *should* be fine, but still be careful - the amount of low-end it can put out is astonishing. If the speaker starts to sound as if it's 'booming' or resonating, back off! Excessive cone excursion can sometimes damage speakers even at much lower power than they're capable of taking with a more balanced signal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, will do. :)

Is there any setting which is more likely to kill the speakers? I'm guessing the sub-octave and sub-envelope settings would be worst, but I could be wrong.
    edited August 2014
    Can't remember exactly, but I seem to remember they were all pretty fierce, apart from the simple envelope filter one. And that was just the regular Synth Wah! (I was playing bass through it.) It might possibly have had something to do with the sub cab in a venue we were playing at mysteriously not working after our set…

(I had it DI'd of course - the soundman said it would be fine! Not my fault :).)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM;330131" said:
    Can't remember exactly, but I seem to remember they were all pretty fierce, apart from the simple envelope filter one. And that was just the regular Synth Wah! (I was playing bass through it.) It might possibly have had something to do with the sub cab in a venue we were playing at mysteriously not working after our set…

(I had it DI'd of course - the soundman said it would be fine! Not my fault :).)
    Could you follow it with a graphic eq and knock out some of the excess low end?

My mate uses the guitar one on bass, and I'm planning on getting one, too :) because that thing sounds funky as anything! I love the Qtron but I'm too worried about reliability, it's a pain to power, and it doesn't like high output pickups, guitar or bass. :(
    ^^ LOL

Yeah I have the bass one on the way. I'm guessing it's even worse since the guitar one (I don't think) doesn't have the sub octave settings.

I figured for £28 it was worth a shot, since it sounds nuts in the clips I've heard. I'd say it's worth a shot as long as it doesn't kill my speakers... :))
  • Get some 18 and 15 inch cabs, make your setup rate to 10,000 watts and hopefully it'll live :) ;)