SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Novo Sectis Nitro - Dennis Fano Built - Price Revised

What's Hot
The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 102
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
NOVO SECTIC - DENNIS FANO BUILT - SPECIAL NITRO ORDER

£3,750 and also very interested in Gibson ES335/45/55 or Gretsch trades, including trades with cash my way

I custom ordered this Sectis as soon as Dennis started to take orders and it was delivered in September 2017.
Dennis sent me build photos throughout and it was started in Pennsylvania and finished in Nashville shortly after they moved. So it was completely built by Dennis himself
Ill attach build photos and spec sheet but I’ll highlight that I was determined to get a nitro finish as the Sectis models came with a poly finish or at least it was not nitro as standard. This is a super thin nitro. It is beautiful
Dennis had a nice piece of maple he wanted to use to get the “Ochilburst” finish I requested. He colour matched it to a photo of an old maple topped harmony guitar I sent him
The toggle switch coil splits the Fralin “Unbucker”.
Overall it sounds like a tele on steroids to me. Or more simply a tele with a ‘bucker at the bridge. She (It/He/They! Edit to keep all happy!) is as resonant as anything, typical of Dennis designs as you guys know!
Bridge position is, as said above, like a raunchy tele. Clear with loads of bark. It is not les paul humbucker at all, it is very telecaster I think.
With the bridge coil split it is very strat like on its own and in the middle position it is very like a strat in “position 2”.
Middle position with the full bucker is a strong tele sound, it is fabulous.
The neck p90 is dirty!! Theres more low end when used on its own and it cleans up beautifully on the volume control so you can get all sorts of sounds. Lindy Fralin really makes awesome pups and these ones pair up beautifully
There are a few marks, photos attached, as Ive played it a lot but it is in generally good condition.
The case took a small knock on its way over the Atlantic but it is cosmetic and just for noting. It’s structurally sound

The neck is finished in oil and wax and feels amazing. The specs are on the sheet attached and while it is "chunky" it's really very elegant

Last bit, this guitar is the most stable I've ever owned. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I restring this, stretch the strings once, tune it up and hardly ever have to touch the tuning pegs. It is crazy how stable it is. 

I have a box and will pack for posting at the buyers arrangement cost and risk. PPG or transfer or good old spondoolies accepted. I'll happily drive for a couple of hours to meet halfway too. 

Any questions hit me up! The photos don't do this justice, it is absolutely gorgeous

Edit to add - Not looking for trades with the exception of ES-335/345/355's or same/similar value acoustics

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Couple of the marks I mentioned above 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    Cool looking guitar!
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2432
    I was quite interested in this guitar until you called it ‘she’.

Only joking, GLWTS!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • .. and some build photos sent from Dennis. You can really see the top here and how he creates the "reveal" binding. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Keefy said:

Only joking, GLWTS!
    I might go and edit all of those out... ha ha! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8963
    :open_mouth: 

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Nice 
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 539
    Lovely indeed. The neck bolt is really nice too - GL
  • joeW said:
    Lovely indeed. The neck bolt is really nice too - GL
    Dennis calls that the cyclops join and it works incredibly well! I think its described well in this review of the model from when it was first released

https://youtu.be/Rv0PubPD3bs
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6884
    edited January 2022
    Keefy said:

Only joking, GLWTS!
    I might go and edit all of those out... ha ha! 
    Please do, otherwise it'll end up as another Emma Raducanu thread...  ;)

Have a free bump on me for a beautiful instrument.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone looking for something unique and handmade? 
  • Very cool - how much does it weigh?
  • everest said:
    Very cool - how much does it weigh?
    I only have bathroom scales and after weighing it 3 or 4 times its between 7&3/4 and 8 lbs

its a serious piece of maple on the top, i guess thats where a lot of the weight is
  • bubblecarbubblecar Frets: 65
    edited January 2022
    Very cool! So, I have a 335 for sale 
  • bubblecar said:
    Very cool! So, I have a 335 for sale 
    So you do!! 
  • The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 102
    edited January 2022
    Bump to say very interested in trades for Gibson ES (edit to say 'bucker equipped so 335/45/55) guitars and Gretsch USA or Japan, including trade plus cash my way

Cheers!!
  • Bumps for a unique piece of loveliness. Price and trade updates
  • Weekend reminder that this one of a kind machine of joy is still available. Cash and trades as per first post! Cheers! 
  • Bumpo - Coda sold two used Novos last week on the day they were listed on the site and I've adjusted the offers around price in line with that. Cheers! 
  • The_Whisper_ThiefThe_Whisper_Thief Frets: 102
    edited February 2022
    Did I mention this has luminlay side dots, locking sperzels, amazing dunlop locking strap buttons and a string through bigsby bridge with duesenberg trem arm?!