Ableton Live and Push 2

BodBod Frets: 1299
edited January 2022 in Studio & Recording
I've owned an NI Maschine for a few years, and I've decided that it's never going to suit me 100%, so I'm going to take the plunge and try Ableton Live and the Push 2.

Maschine was great for integration with the Komplete suite, but I always found its audio recording implementation poor and not really suited to a guitar-based workflow.  I've played with Live and done some live looping using my Maschine Jam and it was fantastically easy so I'm very excited to get the Push to improve upon that.  The session view seems like just the right tool for songwriting and trying new ideas/arrangements.

Any other users here with tips to share?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    Get a cheep foot switch or two. One works as a record button and the other a sustain pedal. Really handy! 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    I'm going through this at the moment and so far I've tried Presonus which just didn't feel creative for music creation. 

It's possible Live will feel better (I've grabbed a trial), but I've actually bought a CIrcuit Rhythm which I'm going to combine with a looper pedal for a hardware solution and that should hopefully create something quite fun.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 714
    There’s also a looper in Abelton that can be fun to use. Sure you’ve seen that though :) 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17608
    tFB Trader
    brucegill said:
    There’s also a looper in Abelton that can be fun to use. Sure you’ve seen that though :) 
    I haven't really got very far with Ableton yet. 

I think I need something very constrained to be creative.