What amp am I looking for?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'm a stuck record but the DSL40 does a lot.
    I had never really considered Marshall but I hear good things about that one, will it do light breakup?

The clean channel and crunch will both handle lighter gain.

That's on the shortlist then. I am off to try a stoneham today hopefully but if that falls through that's my next stop

Do you want me to do a quick phone vid of the gain sweep?

What type of guitar do you use and what kind of thing do you play?
    Maybe if I don't buy this one yeah cheers. I have a few but my main is a Tele parts aster with a rail bucker and pop, I play loads of styles but blues and rock should point you in the right direction for most of it.

I have a line on a carr hammerhead 2x10, does anyone have any experience with one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3340
    For silly cheap money you can get a Kustom coupe 36. 
    6L6 based, two channels with footswitch  selectable volume boost and reverb. 
    Fx loop, pull brights on each channel plus two inputs depending if you want more clean headroom or not. 
    I got mine for £325!
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Laney Lionheart? 
    Effectively it's a crunchy 20w combo with a clean channel thrown in. 
    People didn't like the parallel effects loop on the original UK version, I'm not sure what it's like on the later Chinese version or the new UK version. The spring reverb in the original was sacrificed for a slightly crappy digital one on the later versions. But it is an amp designed to live in that clean-crunch zone. 
    I think they saw sense and changed it to series. It's a simple mod (remove one resistor) on the early ones. Unfortunately the resistor is a surface mount on the underside of the PCB but easy enough.