SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Price drop: Gibson ES-275 thinline, 2017, Satin Baroque Gold, £1900 - now £1750

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16414
    Am I right thinking that these are pretty much a different shape 335 ......or are there other subtleties ?
    I think it's lovely looking
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited January 2022
    Dominic said:
    Am I right thinking that these are pretty much a different shape 335 ......or are there other subtleties ?
    I think it's lovely looking

I think that's a pretty accurate comparison - I think that I put a line or two in the OP about that. Similar concept, thinline, centre block, etc, so it's not too surprising that it's got echoes of the 335, I suppose. The geometry (for want of a better word) is slightly different, which results in a shorter guitar, from top to tail. It's more akin to a 330 in terms of reach, and is a whisker longer than a 330 overall and a couple of inches shorter than a 335. I find it more comfortable to play than a 335, with the single cutaway and the easier reach.

I have a 335 and a couple of 330s, so this does seem to be an indulgence to keep when other bills are pressing, but it really is a nice guitar. I hadn't warmed to the concept of them, tbh, as I'd had three of the full thickness ES-275's and their body depth is between an ES-330/335 and an ES-175 (and a little thinner IIRC than an ES-137) and I thought that a thinline version of a semi-thinline was encroaching on ES-335 territory. It is, as it happens, but the differences are enough to make it a different guitar IMO.

Edit: Sorry, should also add an obvious thing in here - with a 335, the neck joins the body at the 19th fret, and with the 275, it's at the 16th fret, which would account for the 330-ish type reach.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    DB1 said:
    Thanks @surfguy13 - very kind of you. He's OK thanks - he's fourteen and a half now, and we've had him for six and a half years. I'm his butler. He was a 'rescue' dog, and was in the media as 'Britain's Loneliest Dog' when I spotted him. Good headline, but sadly there are animals that are far worse off than him. Anyway, he hadn't had a good life to that point, and had been stuck in kennels for eighteen months.

He had some psychological problems (thanks to humans) and has always been a bit arthritic, which doesn't get better of course. That, mixed with suspected colitis, has been a bit of a challenge in trying to get his treatment balanced.

I promised him that nothing would be spared to give him a great life from then on and I'm happy to say that it's been the case. He's on the mend - a bit stiff on his legs, but so am I. He's happy and a proper little pig, which is good to see. I love that mad mutt.

Anyway, back to the guitar. Thanks - yes, it's lovely. I've just made the cardinal sin of playing it, and... aaargh. 'Must not waver', must not waver'....
    I'm really pleased that he's back on his feet and getting there, sounds like he's in the perfect home!!!  :)  

We've been fostering German Shepherds for the Dogs Trust for a long time; these are all dogs that are normally over 10 years old and have serious health and behavioral problems which means they can't be home to a 'normal' home.  Although they call it fostering they stay with us for the remainder of their lives, normally 2/3 years, but our current incumbent has been with us a record 6 years!.  Like your guy, all ours have psychological issues and most have arthritis too, along with numerous other health issues due to their previous homes and owners, but it's amazing how quickly they respond to care and kindness.

I hope he continues to get better and good luck with the treatments, great to know he's doing so well!!  Oh yes, and sorry for hijacking your thread................:)

Guy  
    That's absolutely brilliant. Top man!  <3

No worries with the hijack - it's a pleasure to read that and the fostering is very interesting. Our Kenny was from the Blue Cross but we support The Dogs Trust as well. I think they're great.

Anyway, dogs are even better than guitars.  =)
    Call me Dave.
    Little bump for this baroque 'n' roller. Ahem.

Just put new strings on and a little set up  (D'Addario 11's, balanced tension), bass height 2mm, treble height 1.5mm, truss rod adjustment smoother than Swiss Tony in a jacuzzi full of melted butter.

Nurse, he's having those dreams again.
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    As I've now become the subject of a GAS attack and I really don't want to put it on eBay, price dropped to £1750.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2022
    Now sold
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Didn't think it would last long, great price