Does this exist??

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
I’m after a valve power amp for using with my revival drive and HX stomp.

I have been looking at the fryette power station but I’m wondering if there is a valve power amp with IR loader or cab sim built in? At times I use Just the revival drive and a few other pedals rather than the stomp, plus this would free up a block in the stomp on some of my
more complex patches. I know the Seymour Duncan PS200 has cab sim built in but obviously it’s not a valve based power amp.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    I can’t think of any.

I think it probably ruins the point of tiny amps and IR loaders. Why reintroduce valves and heavy transformers etc?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    I can’t think of any.

I think it probably ruins the point of tiny amps and IR loaders. Why reintroduce valves and heavy transformers etc?
    My instinctive feeling, and a small amount of experience, is that mixing these two types of technology in the same box is a bad idea for long-term reliability and obsolescence as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Toe_KneeToe_Knee Frets: 47
    edited January 2022
    I've not seen it but did consider doing it myself using the St rock or amt ir modules.

Then I realised pretty much what icbm said.

But you could always just buy a small pedal ir loader or the amp pangaea 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Next best thing would be the Mooer Radar pedal ..
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    ICBM said:
    I can’t think of any.

My instinctive feeling, and a small amount of experience, is that mixing these two types of technology in the same box is a bad idea for long-term reliability and obsolescence as well.
    This is what concerns me about Suhr's new amp - full valve amp with IR, loadbox and gawd knows what else.

The software bit is going to be out of date well before the rest of the amp. I just hope that the rest of the amp is able to function without the other bits - especially as it's about £3000.
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    edited January 2022
    Have a look at the Shiftline Twin. Not a poweramp, but hass a valve and cab sim - might suit your needs? JohnCordy has a nice recent video review of it.