SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Something Stratty - Suhr/Xotic/TAG/Fender CS/EJ Strat etc - Budget £2k-ish.

What's Hot
deloreandelorean Frets: 229
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
All sorted now, no longer looking.
-------------------------------------------------

After much pondering (and badgering of various members on here about the guitars they are selling), I've not really gotten any further with my search - I've now found myself in a position where I'm considering 5 different guitars, and whilst all 5 are reeeally nice, each one involves a compromise of some sort, and none of them are exactly what I'm looking for. 

So I've  decided to just list my budget and desired spec and see what comes back!

I'm after something stratty, no single cuts, nothing pointy.  More classic in design and with a maple fretboard

Budget up to £2k-ish

Suhr
Xotic
Tom Anderson
Eric Johnson Strat
Fender CS
Maaaaybe Tyler (but...it's just...that headstock...)
etc etc

Neck and Fretboard - Maple - roasted maple preferably.  Really not a fan of rosewood unless the rest of the guitar is something *really* special.

Colour options - I'm open to most ideas, but not looking for red or black this time around.  I like 3 tone bursts, also faded whites and yellows (vintage white/vintage yellow etc).  I'd also consider sonic/Daphne blues, surf/seafoam greens and shell pinks on the right guitar.  

I like the light-medium aged/relic look (I'm generally not into really heavy relics), but that's not set in stone, I will absolutely consider non-relics.  I don't mind a few marks or dings from use provided they aren't significant, and obviously no structural damage.

Pickups - SSS is my first choice.  Would consider HSS if the humbucker is one that sounds decent when split.  I generally play with a moderate amount of gain, but not usually into metal territory.  Definitely No HSH or HH please.  

Hardware - locking tuners, SS frets would be nice, and Gotoh 510 style bridge.

Neck profile - C-shape or soft V, but nothing too chunky, and equally nothing too modern either.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments