Cardiacs cover

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3596

Love it
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1316
    I've watched that regularly since it was released.  Great band, great song, and an amazing cover.  I've been hoping to see more of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3596
    JIM. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Really touching sort-of-tribute
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    Just watched it again.  Genius is an over-used word, but Tim Smith was a mad one.  His illness and subsequent death was an utter tragedy.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18900
    Excellent.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2643
    edited January 2022
    There was a photo on Facebook the other day, strongly hinting that Jim and Kavus are working on LSD. 

(That's the name of the unfinished Cardiacs album, obvs. They both seem sensible enough not to mix work and hallucinogenics.)

I love the varied Cardiacs covers that are turning up.
  • Thanks for posting this. Cardiacs is a name I was familiar with but knew nothing about them. After watching the above cover, I've been investigating Cardiacs songs this evening- I've been blown away how good they were. So good.

Justin Hawkins a fan too, gives a good introduction to them here:

So thanks again @Greatape for getting me into the Cardiacs

edited January 2022
    Thanks for posting this. Cardiacs is a name I was familiar with but knew nothing about them. After watching the above cover, I've been investigating Cardiacs songs this evening- I've been blown away how good they were. So good.

Justin Hawkins a fan too, gives a good introduction to them here:

So thanks again @Greatape for getting me into the Cardiacs

My pleasure.
  • Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    I used to work with one of the Cardiacs dep bass players, called into action when Jim was off fixing washing machines in the wrong part of the country. At the time, as a fresh faced 21 year old, far too into the Strokes and Bloc Party, I never really gave them much credence as the ebb and flow of every song made my head hurt. I did dutifully listen to and attend various gigs of the Cardiacs off-shoots; Bill Drake's solo output, Redbus Noface, Knifeworld, North Sea Radio etc. I even went to the Tim Smith tribute down in Salisbury back in 2015. However, I'd never have really considered myself a fan back then - my musical tastes just too simplistic to truly understand.

Looking back now, I realise I should have paid much more attention and not been so obsessed with style over substance. They're just great, aren't they!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom