SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Made to Measure VOS 58 in 59 spec BOTB pg 24

What's Hot
Surfmonkey77Surfmonkey77 Frets: 274
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
Really sad to be letting this one go, but it is this or the Harley, and engines win unfortunately!

I bought this brand new last year, it is a 2021 M2M custom shop, and although it is a 58, it is specced out as a 59 with the neck and the hand picked flame top. It is based on the Beauty of the Burst Page 24, which is the amazing Pearly Gates.

The top on this one is unreal, from the front it can sometimes look like a classic 58 top, but when the light hits it from any angle, a really deep flame jumps out, its amazing!
It sounds perfect, plays perfect and is in perfect condition. The scratch plate is not and has never been fitted, so no screw holes in the top or side, which I prefer.

Everything is minty and I want it to stay that way, so collection only from Somerset.

Good luck finding another like it!!

£3800 £3500

Possible trades with a high end Resonator, National etc...plus £2k my way minimum.

Specifications

Model Name: Gibson Custom 58 Les Paul Standard BOTB Pg 24 VOS Code: LPR58M2M15697

Body

Neck and Fingerboard

Neck: Mahogany
Nut Width: 1.687"
Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood Frets: Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm Number of Frets: 22, 1959 Reissue

Hardware and Electronics

Bridge: ABR-1 Non Wire
Tailpiece: Light Weight w/ Long Stud, Anchor Nut: Nylon
Knobs: True Historic Gold Top Hats Machineheads: Kluson Reissue
Plating: Nickel
Bridge Pickup: Custombucker (Unpotted) Neck pickup: Custombucker (Unpotted)Hardware Material: Aged Nickel

Miscellaneous
Included: GWW Hard Shell Case, Gibson TH R9 Pickguard, Certificate of Authenticity Booklet

Series: Gibson Custom Shop
Material: Mahogany w/ Hand-Picked Top Finish: BOTB Pg 24 VOS

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2820
    Stunning LP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lovely
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7357
    You choose a Harley Benton over that??!!

GLWTS
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 349
    Oh my word
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10923
    Phwoar
  • great looking LP. Does it have 58 or 59 fretwire?
  • great looking LP. Does it have 58 or 59 fretwire?
    Everything is 59 spec I believe including the neck and frets, but I am not an absolute expert on everything 58/59 Gibson so would be happy to take any specific photos if that helps?
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7294
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    You choose a Harley Benton over that??!!

GLWTS
    Changed pickups and... well you know the rest
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Bit of a stunner that, and @Surfmonkey77 is a great guy to deal with.
    Call me Dave.
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 420
    This looks great. I don’t get why they’d call this a ‘58 VOS though if everything is ‘59 spec and it’s based on a specific 1959 Les Paul? What is it that makes it a ‘58 VOS?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorX said:
    This looks great. I don’t get why they’d call this a ‘58 VOS though if everything is ‘59 spec and it’s based on a specific 1959 Les Paul? What is it that makes it a ‘58 VOS?
    It is a made to measure, so essentially by calling it a 58 spec base model, you end up paying les than buying a 59, but the spec is 59, although it says 58 on the cert. Fairly common I think to save on the uplift to a 59......
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I would accept £3500 if someone could pay/collect be close of play Sunday? I don't have any packaging at all to be able to ship it unfortunately, so has to be a collection, although could meet up to an hour from my home if required.
    @DB1 very kind words, are you sure you don't need this in your life?
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Ha, quite sure thanks. It looks fabulous, but I'm not really a Les Paul aficionado. I did end up with one of those nice little black L-00's that we nearly did a deal with though.

GLWTS - it really is a bit of a stunner!
    Call me Dave.
  • £3500 if you can pick it up tomorrow!
  • Keeping the price at £3500, but collection is still required from M5 J25 area in Somerset.
  • Pm,d you
  • Sold to @toneclone a totally awesome chap! Lovely to meet you, enjoy the guitar!