Solid wood guitar storage

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2853
    Mellish said:
    @sev112 ; have you regularly opened the book rather than leaving it closed while drying?  
    Yep, thanks, it gets opened several times and day and then stood or hung upside down with as many pages fanned out as possible.  It’s mainly the bits of the pages closest to the seam that are still a little damp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    edited January 2022
    artiebear said:
    In an interview with a world famous cellist, she nonchalantly stated that if her crazily ex[pensive 18th century cello felt tight and dry after getting home from touring, she would stick it out on the balcony of her Italian apartment for a day or two in damp weather to rehumidify it. She said the process worked perfectly. I like her way off thinking.
    I’ve heard Tommy Emmanuel say he’ll leave the shower on in his hotel room and put a couple of dry guitars in the (empty) bath to humidify.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1118
    Zonular said:
    Grand lads, sorry for over posting on the same topic 
    The faith insert of keeping the guitar flat in the case threw me.
    Tbh never had a acoustic as nice as this before, just need to get over the babying stage
    I imagine laying a guitar case flat is more to do with the case than the guitar inside. i.e. so that the case doesn't warp, and that its seals/hinges/latches all line up and function properly.

There's nominally 90kg of string force on the structure of your guitar. The force of gravity acting upon your guitar's mass is relatively negligible.

Play the thing.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    mine are in their cases cos Ive no room to store them separately, and upright - have been since I got them.......... 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7716
    You mentioned in a previous comment: "in the case from faith, it specifies storing the case flat? Never heard of that before".
    more recently you said: "The faith insert of keeping the guitar flat in the case threw me."
    Two different things.

Assuming it is the latter, I think the "store flat in case" could be a translation thing.  Perhaps it has been mis-translated from an instruction to put it into the case on its back, just in case some numpty might be tempted to lay it face down, or put it on its back with a towel under the body.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 950
    @sev112 ; yep, that's it. Keep doing what you're doing and all should turn out good :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Noticeable difference between my old all laminate and solid top btw, the faith sounds spectacular.... Iight need to try a Martin, selling off some gear at the moment so the war chest is building