Wiring for headphones connection

What's Hot
In 2007, when in Kiev for a Scotland match, I acquired a genuine, surplus, Russian MiG pilot's leather headgear with wiring connections.

It's the Winter version so it's fur-lined and I can confirm it's the warmest and comfiest thing ever for mid-Winter dog-walking.

My intention is to rig it up to connect via a 3.5mm jack to my phone so that I can listen to music/radio whilst out in the middle of nowhere or extreme weather so I thought I'd just ask for input from FB, as the knowledge-base is vast. It wouldn't surprise me if someone has already done this  ;)

So, if you have any ideas on how best to tackle this then I'd be delighted to hear them. I hadn't intended dismantling the headgear as it SO well made, rather, I thought that an adapted connection would be better but if it needs to be a complete re-engineer then so be it.

These items are being sold on Fleabay if you need to understand better what I'm referring to:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soviet-Russian-USSR-MiG-Pilot-Aviator-Black-Leather-Winter-Helmet-Uniform-Hat-/132753703112?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 ;

BTW ... this isn't a joke ... I am that eccentric and I genuinely want to complete this little project.

Thanks for your considered views.

Stu

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments