SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Classic Player 50s Stratocaster - SOLD

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4825
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
For sale to part fund my latest puchase as mentioned elsewhere.  And to pacify mrs rlw.......

As reviewed..

What are the basic differences between these guitars and the standard Classic Strats?

"Just the addition of a more modern playability within the vintage aesthetic," explains Justin. "The two-point vintage bridge has previously never been available outside the Custom Shop. Other features include refined contours and blending, flatter radii, bigger frets, and custom colours and electronics. It's basically like one of those makeover TV shows, where the experts come in and refine things."

The Custom electronics mentioned here refer to position four on the '50s Strat's otherwise standard five-way, which combines the neck pickup with the bridge. Dennis Galuszka, the masterbuilder behind the '50s Strat, outlines this and other improvements:

"Coming up with anything new and inventive to do within the parameters of the Stratocaster is a challenge that surprises me every time we at Fender do it," he says with a smile. "With the Classic Player I wanted to incorporate the better parts of a Stratocaster, both old and new. Staying within the '50s vibe I kept the Kluson-style tuners that actually lock to ensure that the newer two-point tremolo will stay in tune with heavy-handed tremolo work. Vintage steel saddles were installed to maintain crystal clarity in the notes and keep all the attack, and the five-way switch has a new voice by allowing the neck and bridge pickups to be used together."

There is a genuine Custom Shop vibe to this guitar - not least thanks to the finishes the team have used. Aside from the example here, both the '50s and '60s Strat are only otherwise available with a sunburst finish and we do applaud the resistance of the temptation to offer the usual rainbow of hues.

"We wanted to go with true vintage colours, and throw in some Custom Shop colours made especially for this run of instruments," Justin states. In addition, the shoreline gold finish is gorgeous and faultlessly applied.

The '50s Strat has a soft 'V' profile alongside a 9.5-inch radius that combines to make the flawlessly-finished neck very difficult to put down indeed.

Sounds

The '50s Strat features American Vintage pickups complete with another authentic touch: bevelled polepieces. With a touch of warming gain all five settings offer tones that are perfect combinations of crystal edges with genuinely toneful centres: as usual the further towards the neck you go, the smoother proceedings become. And the fourth position? It's a smoother, fatter version of a Telecaster's central selection: very useable and a nice surprise too.

The influence of the Custom Shop team is apparent before you even plug this guitar in, but when you do, you are rewarded with a suptuous palette of tones. This is everything a great Strat should be and more.

Double click for even bigger pics.... and please forgive the dodgy background - we have builders in and everywhere else is covered in dust.

A nice unmolested Strat in sunburst with a glossy soft V maple neck; custom shop pickups and a trem as used on some custom shop models.

There are some very small marks and scratches - as pictured in my warts and all collection - but nothing very noticeable or distracting.

There's very little fret wear although a good polish wouldn't go amiss, and there's a little natural relicing showing on the shiny bits.

It is set up very well and is a pleasure to play - the neck is really very comfortable  - with a nice low action.   if you like vintagey sounding Strats, you will like it.

It has the usual shoddy Fender gig back and all its documentation is present and correct.

Asking £500.00 ono. 

I'm in York and could courier at cost but collection or meeting up is preferred.

S1jpg
S2jpg
S3jpg
S14jpgS4jpg
S12jpg
S11jpg
S10jpg
S9jpg
S8jpg
S15jpg
S17jpg
S16jpg
S7jpg
S13jpg
S6jpg
S5jpg
S20jpg
S19jpg
S18jpg
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    I’m sure it’s lovely but I can’t see the pics mate. 
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1356
    blueskunk said:
    I’m sure it’s lovely but I can’t see the pics mate. 
    spot on on android tablet.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4825
    I can see them clear as day on my iPhone and PC.  And it’s not as if they’re small.
    To be investigated.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16205
    I can see them just fine as well, and a real purty guitar it is to boot. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    Weird I can just they are displayed as S1jpg. Can’t click into them or nowt! I just updated my eye phone , maybe it’s something to do with that? 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12572
    That's a good price for a mint classic player series.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 199
    I'll take it, sent you a PM cheers 
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4825
    That's a good price for a mint classic player series.

Excellent/VGC rather thna mint..... but a fair price :)
  • kelpbedskelpbeds Frets: 199
    Hi RLW, just checking you are getting my PMs. Thanks!
    Check out my Blues lessons channel at:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBTSHf5NqVQDz0LzW2PC1Lw
  • ms21ms21 Frets: 5
    Damn I missed it. Let me know if it doesn’t sell!