SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted cheap stopgap guitar £160ieh

What's Hot
MilkMilk Frets: 84
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
Before I go on Thomann and order something I thought id just see what's around on here.

Because my tele build is still in progress I’m without a working guitar again So is there anything around for under 160 quid 

Regards
Mike
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1355
    edited January 2022
    For £200 you are well within the price range of a brand new h/b or Jet ,only trouble with the Jets is they are O.O.S everywhere but i think they are due in early Feb according to one of the dealers.
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    @mark123 I know Im in the price range for brand new Harley Bentons, maybe I should have had a better thread title as im not specifically looking for Harley Bentons and jets but just what are in my opinion really good affordable guitars, although im yet to try out a jet but have read many good things so far about them. keeping my eyes peeled for stock
  • THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 181
    edited January 2022
    I've got a no-name Tele from Alan George I'd part with for £150. Wilkinson Deluxe tuners, brass saddles and low profile bridge, had a fret dress, new nut and switchcraft output jack done at PMT Manchester. 

Welcome to come try it, I'm only in Manchester so not a million miles away. 

https://i.imgur.com/YiSHRau.jpeg ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2931
    @Milk The above Tele should fit the bill, it looks lovely  

If not, there is a nice Harley Benton with P90s on Gumtree in Chorley you may like. 
    Just noticed a Jet JS300 in Daphne Blue with Rosewood neck online. One left in stock. 
    Or a lovely looking Harley Benton Strat in Morecambe for £75 !!
    @blueskunk where is the js300 in stock 
    @thr1llhau5 il have a look shortly and pm you 
    @Milk it was music room but just checked again. It’s now gone. :(

Sorry man. 
    Bugger haha. I’m skint at the moment anyway this post is a premature one luckily 
    blueskunk said:
    @Milk it was music room but just checked again. It’s now gone. :(

Sorry man. 
    C'mon someone own up ! who did it ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @mark123 we will have to wait for the next ngd to see 
    Ha, it was Daphne Blue / Rosewood neck 
    bugger, I couldn't have asked for a better combo of colour and neck either
    edited January 2022
    Milk said:
    @mark123 we will have to wait for the next ngd to see 

They wouldn't dare ....would they ?...
  • @Milk I'm in Huddersfield, and have a plethora of reasonably priced guitars that I use on my sessions. Most of them are sat in my studio doing nothing much of the time. 

If you're happy to provide ID etc, don't waste money you don't have buying one. Borrow one from YBTB until your build is finished.  

It'd be a good excuse to come over and muck about in the studio choosing something. Alternatively, I regularly do sound at Drysalters on Elland Road on Friday nights, and could sling something in the car. 

Bob me a pm if that's of interest 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    @Milk I'm in Huddersfield, and have a plethora of reasonably priced guitars that I use on my sessions. Most of them are sat in my studio doing nothing much of the time. 

If you're happy to provide ID etc, don't waste money you don't have buying one. Borrow one from YBTB until your build is finished.  

It'd be a good excuse to come over and muck about in the studio choosing something. Alternatively, I regularly do sound at Drysalters on Elland Road on Friday nights, and could sling something in the car. 

Bob me a pm if that's of interest 
    That’s a lovely message and offer. Respect to you sir. If you ever in sunny Rochdale and fancy a brew and some guitar shenanigans, let me know mate. 

That’s what is special about this forum , some excellent, excellent, kind hearted folks. Over the years, I have met some quality people and done all sorts of deals. I have had some good deals, borrows and gifts and tried to return the good will when possible. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @blueskunk this and also the paying it foreword thread really make this place more of a community than just a website 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazing stuff. I'm not gonna win salesman of the year any time soon so I would go with @Legionreturns kind offer if I were you @Milk ;
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1594
    Hi @Milk ;
    Are you sorted? Got an Epiphone Les Paul Special (two metal knobs and fitted pick guard) you can borrow/buy cheap. I'm in York, which may or may not be more convenient than Huddersfield depending on what side of Leeds you're on :joy: 
    Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    https://www.forthmusic.co.uk/product-page/jet-js-400

Slightly above budget, but in stock at the moment