SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 2014 Rickenbacker 330/6 Fireglo (bargain I think)

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7466
edited March 2022 in Guitars £
Original Ric Hard case and candy , I bought it pretty much unplayed and it’s still mint.

There is a minuscule hairline laquer crack on the neck pocket which I can’t even photo , it’s that small but I want to be fully transparent .

I really want to join the Ricky club but they don’t suit a ham fisted sod like me . If you are into lush chords , jangle and rhythm playing they are great though - I love REM , The Smiths , Big Star and Tom Petty but I just don’t have it n me to play like that.

Selling for a firm £1495 -  NOW FIRM £1400 plus postage which for one that could pass for new is a bargain I reckon . I have attached some photos but I’ll take better ones tomorrow when the sun is out 

Ta

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Two months out of the Rick club and this makes me jittery. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Two months out of the Rick club and this makes me jittery. :)
    Much like the Dorchester Doggers, it’s a club I have no place in 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5072

So, you just drop in to watch then? :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:

So, you just drop in to watch then? :-)
    A muddy car park containing overweight middle aged red faced grunting country folk.  It’s hardly Caligula 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I really want to join the Ricky club but they don’t suit a ham fisted sod like me 

I think if you peeled the sticker off you’d feel a whole lot better about it. 

I know I would. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    Must resist!

Actually as an ex owner of Rickenbacker (who was fool enough to sell his 360…), I think Rickenbackers can do a lot more than people think, even hard rock.

The Dr. Is a really nice guy too but we already know that.
  • Which of the two pictured is for sale though
  • Which of the two pictured is for sale though
    I'm hoping its the same guitar !  The top one is from the EBay ad when I bought it a few months back because I couldn't been arsed to go into the basement last night and get the case out. The others were my quick iPhone snaps from yesterday
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7466
    edited January 2022
    Which of the two pictured is for sale though
    I'm hoping its the same guitar !  The top one is from the EBay ad when I bought it a few months back because I couldn't been arsed to go into the basement last night and get the case out. The others were my quick iPhone snaps from yesterday
    Oh shit !  Just seen what you mean, the sticker on the top one (from the original Ebay ad is round and on mine its square )

No idea at all what that's all about tbh !

Very well spotted :-)
  • Figuring in the wood seems to be different too. I mean, you still got a great condition Ric but it appears to not be the Ric you thought you'd bought. 
    Lovely thing though. 
    You should play some Fugazi on it then keep it. 
  • Figuring in the wood seems to be different too. I mean, you still got a great condition Ric but it appears to not be the Ric you thought you'd bought. 
    Lovely thing though. 
    You should play some Fugazi on it then keep it. 
    Yep that's a really good spot too - just goes to show what sort of attention to detail I have .  Never listened to Fugazi, any recommendations for a gateway album ?
  • Repeater is always my first suggestion but that might be cos it's my favourite. Honestly all the album's are brilliant though so whatever ha. 
  • Repeater is always my first suggestion but that might be cos it's my favourite. Honestly all the album's are brilliant though so whatever ha. 
    I’m on it ! 
  • Quite liking Fugazi so far ;

Im going to put the Ric on hold until I can get hold of the original seller on EBay . I don’t doubt it’s legit , but I’m interested why he’d use different photos .

Sorry all 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5122
    edited January 2022
    Is the neck on these as thin as they make out?

Ta, I know it's on hold but curious and tempted.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Boromedic said:

The neck is ‘different’ and I’d say very 1960s. Much as I loved the sound I found it too much on the Rick 12string as it gave me terrible hand cramp, although I’ve always enjoyed a 330/6 and this ad’ has made me seriously consider another.
  • Boromedic said:

In the past I struggled with the Luke 3 as the nut felt too narrow, I've also struggled with a Squier Cab Tele as the neck felt too thin but they are the only guitars where the neck dimensions have hampered me.

The Ric feels fine in the hand, very smooth, nice proportion and well finished. Fingerboard is flattish and the frets are very small - its not a guitar if you are looking to bend notes aggressively (or certainly not with the amount of talent I have anyway !)

• I've been offered some nice trades but I've priced it low for a cash sale tbh. Its on hold as I'm going to message the original Ebay seller later and ask why the guitar I got isn't the same one that appeared in the Ebay ad !
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sofastevesofasteve Frets: 39
    edited January 2022
    I've not seen the rectangle sticker before, I have a 330/6 in FG (2018) which had the round sticker. Might be worth checking the serial number to confirm  what year it is?