SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - 2014 Rickenbacker 330/6 Fireglo (bargain I think)

What's Hot

Comments

• sofasteve said:
    I've not seen the rectangle sticker before, I have a 330/6 in FG (2018) which had the round sticker. Might be worth checking the serial number to confirm  what year it is?
    Yep good idea re the serial number . It came in a proper Ricky hard case with all the candy so I’m more interested in the explanation re the photos really.

Ive seen plenty with the square sticker on too (one example here https://www.soundaffects.com/electric-guitars-c95/1996-330-6-6-string-semi-hollow-electric-guitar-in-fireglo-pre-owned-p12296)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5122
    Thanks for the info all, if @DrCornelius you get confirmation all is well I could be interested..... Thanks

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• May we worth more if it's older but in that good condition? 
  • It’s definitely a legit Ric - just an odd turn of events. 
  • I got the impression the guy I got it from bought and sold a lot of guitars !
  • I got the impression the guy I got it from bought and sold a lot of guitars !
    What was the sellers name? Have a suspicion I might know 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9864
    The original listing is easily found on ebay sold items. The seller doesn’t seem to have sold another around the same time, so a mix-up involing the wrong address labels applied to similar packages would not explain it. Weird.
  • The original listing is easily found on ebay sold items. The seller doesn’t seem to have sold another around the same time, so a mix-up involing the wrong address labels applied to similar packages would not explain it. Weird.
    Yup, I'm on it as are a couple of helpful folks on here who have sent useful PMs.  Its weird as it's not so much sinister , more unexplainable !
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9864
    Yes, you obviously haven’t been scammed or sold a fake, but still… we want to know!

I tend to note any distinctive marks, mods, unique bits of grain on any guitar I’ve bought online. It would never occur to me that that a different instrument would arrive.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7254
    Probably an image from dealer when they bought it
  • I think it was 2013 Rickenbacker changed from the rectangle sticker to the oval one. I’ve seen both types on 2013 models, so that seems to have been the transitional year.

• I can’t get an answer out of the seller , he’s told me it’s a simple explanation and to phone him but I’ve asked for it in writing . I suspect he sells a lot of guitars that aren’t in hand - pure speculation but without him responding I don’t know what else to do.

So it’s FS for a firm £1495 complete with ohsc, paperwork , cleaning cloth and square sticker :-)

Ive checked the serial number online and it all matches up to a 2014 330 so I think it’s safe to say it is what it is.

There is something on here I fancy so if that goes I’ll be withdrawing this - I don’t play it enough to keep it but I’d rather not sell it unless I have something in mind to spend the cash on :-)
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1157
    edited January 2022
    ^^ he didn’t say let’s wait until the inquiry concludes did he …..

Seriously a mint 2014 fireglo Ric 330 is worth the same as a mint 2015 firglo Ric 330 I’d say.

Strange though it is , nothing sinister 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9847
    I've had several with square stickers, and naturally, the square uns sound better :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    That's a cracker whichever it is and,  having been really enjoying listening to Byrds stuff lately I insist someone buys this immediately to save me from myself lol. 
  • I've had several with square stickers, and naturally, the square uns sound better :)
    The voice of reason at last :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've had several with square stickers, and naturally, the square uns sound better :)
    Rectangular, dearest Waz, is the term I think you seek. There are corks, and there are corks.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
    Oh. Crap!  :o <3
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    I've had several with square stickers, and naturally, the square uns sound better :)
    Rectangular, dearest Waz, is the term I think you seek. There are corks, and there are corks.
    If you have rectangular corks Fred you are indeed drinking some high falutin' unusual sup!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Really should stop looking at this thread, sooner it sells the safer!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom