Audio Player Software that can change speed and loop sections?

What's Hot

Can anyone recommend an audio player application for Windows that allows for a song to be slowed down in increments and also makes it easy to loop sections of the song, without resorting to using a DAW and chopping up the file, please?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6903
    Transcribe!
    or Audacity
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Transcribe is the best out there IMO, easy to use and lots of useful  features
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PetGerbilPetGerbil Frets: 176
    "The amazing slow-downer"
    Does exactly what you want. Press "5" on numeric keypad to start loop."2" to end loop.
    hot-keys for pitch in cents or semitones,speed.Advance loop,double loop,half loop,playlist,presets...

Lightweight as well. Its basically a media player that can do everything you said you wanted.

I know DAWS can do the same thing,but they're a bit of a faff if you just wanna "play that,loop that bit and slow it down by 16%..oh, and change the pitch from Eb to standard tuning-cos I don't wanna retune..."

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4040
    Just perfect for this and so much more, and still really simple to use.

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    +1 for The Amazing Slow Downer. Dead easy to use.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I’ve used Transcribe for an incredible amount of years. Superb software.

• PetGerbil said:
    "The amazing slow-downer"
    Does exactly what you want. Press "5" on numeric keypad to start loop."2" to end loop.
    hot-keys for pitch in cents or semitones,speed.Advance loop,double loop,half loop,playlist,presets...

Lightweight as well. Its basically a media player that can do everything you said you wanted.

I know DAWS can do the same thing,but they're a bit of a faff if you just wanna "play that,loop that bit and slow it down by 16%..oh, and change the pitch from Eb to standard tuning-cos I don't wanna retune..."

I’ve been using amazing slow downer for years now it’s so absolutely great ,I must admit to using mainly the mouse controls ,the shortcuts sound ace . You can export files from it too so it’s handy for dropping backing tracks down to Eb etc for use outside the home 
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Transcribe!
  • Riff station is excellent. It’s been discontinued but I have installers for PC and MAC as they released it as freeware before they (Fender) ditched it. If you want it give me a shout