SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - Squier Classic Vibe Bass VI

GillyGilly Frets: 1123
edited February 2022 in Basses £
Anyone got one they’re looking to part with? Any colour/condition considered.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14464
    @HarrySeven probably has several hoarded away. :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1123
    Bump. Will also consider a standard 4 string bass.
    edited January 2022
    This Discussion has shifted from the highly specific to the completely vague. Please narrow down the options a little by providing a few clues about the sort of four string bass guitar you now desire. Precision? Jazz? Stingray? Thunderbird? Something "modern"? Something unconventional?*

Prices for a brand new Squier Bass VI hover around the £400 mark. Is this a fair approximation of your budget?

* I have omitted Rickenbacker on the premise that, whenever there is a budget limit, RICs are immediately out of the question.
    Sorry, fair point. I’m a complete noob when it comes to bass. I’d probably be happy with anything up to around £300 that plays well. I like the look of P basses but I haven’t tried enough to have any preference over other models.

I just want something cheap and cheerful to lay down some bass lines on backing tracks to improvise over with guitar and also to learn how to become passably competent on bass.
    Okay. Thanks.

Plenty of pre-owned instruments out there from Cort, Epiphone, ESP/LTD, Fret-King, Ibanez/Soundgear, JHS/Vintage, Sire, Squier, Sterling/SUB, Yamaha, Uncle Tom Cobley an' all.

Single pickup bass guitars have the advantage of being, "no-nonsense, plug in and get on with it." Precision Bass with flatwound strings is far and away the most commonly heard bass guitar sound on famous recordings.

If you don't mind a bit of fettling on the fret ends and nut slots, I suggest either the Harley-Benton MM84A or the MP4.

The former is a copy of the MusicMan Stingray HH or, for oldies, Sabre. 

The latter is based on a Sandberg. It offers P and 'Ray pickups. Trick wiring of the latter might manage a passable impersonation of a bridge position Jazz pickup.

Either model should provide plenty of sonic variety for your dosh.
    Okay. Thanks.

Plenty of pre-owned instruments out there from Cort, Epiphone, ESP/LTD, Fret-King, Ibanez/Soundgear, JHS/Vintage, Sire, Squier, Sterling/SUB, Yamaha, Uncle Tom Cobley an' all.

Single pickup bass guitars have the advantage of being, "no-nonsense, plug in and get on with it." Precision Bass with flatwound strings is far and away the most commonly heard bass guitar sound on famous recordings.

If you don't mind a bit of fettling on the fret ends and nut slots, I suggest either the Harley-Benton MM84A or the MP4.

The former is a copy of the MusicMan Stingray HH or, for oldies, Sabre. 

The latter is based on a Sandberg. It offers P and 'Ray pickups. Trick wiring of the latter might manage a passable impersonation of a bridge position Jazz pickup.

Either model should provide plenty of sonic variety for your dosh.
    Thanks. I managed to find a very cheap Encore locally that I think is good enough to get me started. May revive this later if I really get into playing bass and want to upgrade.