SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tentative WTB: Suhr ALT T Pro

What's Hot
MtBMtB Frets: 922
edited January 2022 in Guitars £
What's out there?

I'm not in a rush to buy.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koss59koss59 Frets: 877
    I keep on playing with the idea of selling mine (sunburst, rosewood, Thornbuckers ) not sure If I’d massively regret it though!
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • westwest Frets: 1010
    i keep thinking of swapping one of my andersons for one with the same thought ... mmm
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    I have been intrigued to see on a website in the US that new for '22 will be the Suhr select Alt-T with a flame maple cap and .....trem.
  • I was looking for the same . Interesting. Will have a look at Suhr. The trem would be a bonus for versatility 
  • MtB said:
    I have been intrigued to see on a website in the US that new for '22 will be the Suhr select Alt-T with a flame maple cap and .....trem.
    Have you got a link please ?
  • @MtB ;Looks like Andertons have a second hand one in stock at the moment.
  • qawsedqawsed Frets: 75
    MtB said:
    That sounds great. Wonder if any UK dealers will be getting something similar in!
    Thanks for the heads-up @richman6100 ;
    That is way too similar to a tele that I already have. I'd prefer a sonic blue/rosewood board one. 
  • @MtB. Good luck with your search. They're wonderful guitars - I love mine.
    Thanks gp - already been alerted to that one.
    What I am frustrated about at the moment is what's what with the Suhr ALT-Ts. My understanding is that the ALT-T Pros are fitted with Thornbuckers and the ALT-Ts with SSV pickups. Is this correct? What's for sale above has a 5-way position switch and SSV pickups fitted, and is listed on the Andertons website at an ALT-T Pro.
  • My understanding is Alt T Pro’s from circa 2017 had Thornbuckers and the later and current Alt T Pros have SSV pickups. I believe you can order Thornbuckers on current production but only as a custom order. Both have a 5 way selector regardless or wether they have Thornbuckers or SSV pickups.

I have a 2017 Alt T Pro with Thornbuckers and can confirm they are great pickups that really shine on what is a great guitar, definitely not for sale! 
    Thanks @marlinman ;
  • qawsedqawsed Frets: 75
    One other difference is the neck profile - I believe the Thornbucker equipped models are even medium (.840-.920) but the SSV equipped ones are vintage medium (.850-.930). Not sure how much of a difference that makes but they offer both versions, so assuming it must be noticeable to some!
  • Yep @qawsed mines got the even C medium (.840-.920) which I really like.
  • I have the SSV version - I can confirm the neck is pretty chunky. I do think guitar sounds fantastic with the SSVs. No mud at all in the neck.