Can I A /B between 2 drive pedals!

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
edited August 2014 in FX
I have 2 drive pedals and I use one to boost the other for lead boost, its OK I suppose but a bit of a waste of a "boutique" pedal, so I wondered if I could use an A/B splitter to switch between each FX and the output into the rest of the pedal chain, would it work?

Paul
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes.  Do you want to build it yourself?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
    edited August 2014
    They look simple enough, so probably build myself...... 2 inputs and 1 out.... Paul
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

edited August 2014
    Just realised that won't work, I would have to have one input and two outputs to two drives, then what to go back to one amp or chain of fx? I'm confused.......could I just wire 2 unswitched sockets into one then on to the amp?

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    It's an interesting one that I've loosely pondered too. Effectively, you want two paths that your signal can take, and whilst it's easy to choose the path at the start, you also need some device at the end of both paths to know which is active at any given time.
  • danodano Frets: 1614
    what you need is a bix with two independant loops, put a drive pedal in each one and then the switch just seitches between each loop..i have one i built for myself to doing A/B testing between different pedals when im comparing two....probably have the parts in the shed to make you one ?
    edited August 2014
    Sounds good Dano, Im lost here! Unless you could pm me a schematic....... Paul

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    You're after a AB Looper, as they seem to normally be called.

There's a schematic on here:

Brightonion sells one for £40 + P&P  http://www.brightonion.co.uk/dual-ab-looper/

I could probably whip one up this week for a bit less if you're interested.