SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard (sold), Gretsch White Falcon, CS 69 Strat (sold)

What's Hot
johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
edited March 2022 in Guitars £

(SOLD) 2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard. First off it's had an old headstock repair, not invisible but a very nice job, rock solid and difficult to spot under 'normal' conditions. With the tuner out and a lot of fettling with light the last 3 photos show at it's worst what you're ever likely to see, the others what you'd more normally see. I've had it for a while and it plays really well, 'aside' from the repair it's in very good condition with excellent frets. No issues with tuning stability whatsoever. Lovely sounding burstbuckers as always. How does £1330 sound for a Les Paul Standard with a headstock repair? 

(sold) Fender Custom Shop 69 NOS Stratocaster (time machine), Olympic White, made in 2004. A really lovely CS Strat, in great condition overall, with AY initialled pickups. All original, including case, trem arm, CS strap, sadly the original certificate is long gone. It's absolutely the real deal.

Collection from Worcestershire - or could be persuaded to post £2100

Gretsch White Falcon G7594. This is an absolute beauty (far too nice for me). It's in really good condition, it's had a pretty easy life so far. Made in 2003, so after Gretsch got the pots and wiring sorted on their guitars. This is a full size Falcon, no bits of the body trimmed down here and there, as my friend's mother used to say...'if you're gonna have one, have a big one'. Plays and sounds as good as it looks.

Collection from Worcestershire £2600

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
    What does the extra little switch at the bottom do? Thought I knew my mud switches from my jewelled G knobs but apparently not. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    dazzajl said:
    What does the extra little switch at the bottom do? Thought I knew my mud switches from my jewelled G knobs but apparently not. 

It's a kill switch, centre is on, forward or back kills the sounds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CS 69 Strat added
  • dazzajl said:
    How about the switches on this 1964 model:

Or on this one: 

Think they were just taking the piss when they designed them if you ask me!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • qawsedqawsed Frets: 75
    johnswiss said:
    CS 69 Strat added
    Lovely - sure it won’t hang around long. Just bought a CS Strat after months of searching, but would have snapped this up if it had been advertised a week earlier - typical! GLWTS.
  • FlipFlip Frets: 68
    edited January 2022
    dazzajl said:

Or on this one: 

On the 64 model, they're to operate the two 3-string dampers, I assume the second picture's the same with different knobs. I nearly bought a Tennessean with a single damper in the mid-60s but the asking price was too high. Glad I didn't because I'm told the dampers were a damn nuisance, and the linkages became quite rattly and noisy.

Keith Hopwood, guitarist in Herman's Hermits told me used them/it on his Country Gent for Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter. Unfortunately, the guitar was stolen from their van parked at Granda TV studios which is why the available video shows him playing the song with a tea towel damping his Rickenbacker which is what he bought to replace the Gretsch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:

Or on this one: 

I remember seeing a photo of Neil Young playing one like that and thinking what the heck! 
    @Flip great story and info, I did wonder what the switches on the old ones did. Cheers
    qawsed said:
    johnswiss said:
    CS 69 Strat added
    Lovely - sure it won’t hang around long. Just bought a CS Strat after months of searching, but would have snapped this up if it had been advertised a week earlier - typical! GLWTS.
    Typical yes @qawsed, ; you'll just have to have 2 then ;) 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Lovely Strat of course, and I'm REALLY not a fan of double cut Gretsches, but this looks sensational!
    Call me Dave.
  • OctavioOctavio Frets: 178
    That strat is very tempting. If it plays as good as it looks..
    Octavio said:
    That strat is very tempting. If it plays as good as it looks..
    It certainly does @Octavio ;
  • NCoNCo Frets: 169
    Beautiful strat with perfect specs, unfortunately white isn't for me or I'd be running your way.

GLWS.
  • bump
  • Bump
  • Falcon bump
  • 09 Les Paul Standard added
  • Bump