FX Send Return

I was attemping to use external FX today with a mixing desk but had no signal at all. Perhaps I was using the wrong type of cables? Do I need TRS cables for this or perhaps speaker cables rather than regular guitar cables?

In addition if I was to utilise the aux send as well a the FX send/return - what sort of cables does that require pls?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10566
    Normally an aux send on a mixer designed for effects is post fader, so you need the channel fader up as well as the effects aux send up on a channel .... and the aux master must be up if present (not all desks have aux masters)

Normal jack cables or TRS will work for running effects from an aux send and returning to the desk. 

If you are using the insert point of a channel to run the effect, such as a compressor then you need a Y cable which is TRS into 2 mono jacks 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Danny1969 said:
    Normally an aux send on a mixer designed for effects is post fader, so you need the channel fader up as well as the effects aux send up on a channel .... and the aux master must be up if present (not all desks have aux masters)

Normal jack cables or TRS will work for running effects from an aux send and returning to the desk. 

If you are using the insert point of a channel to run the effect, such as a compressor then you need a Y cable which is TRS into 2 mono jacks 
    Thx - and normal cables for fx send and return if faders are up?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10566
    randerson said:
    Danny1969 said:

Thx - and normal cables for fx send and return if faders are up?
    Yes, even if the send and return is balanced a normal lead will work fine 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    thank you!