SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Fender Vintera 70s Custom Tele

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
edited February 2022 in Guitars £

After a few week of trying to sell and trade my into a little free cash, I have a few guitars from trades that just didn't quite get across the line and an Eastman that has to be added because I wimped out on selling the AC10. I might still have to add an Orange Tremlord and a Rivolta Mondata Baritone and maybe, just maybe my Danplifier Paisley Champ(ish). All of those are with our lovely Uncle Marlin at the mo, so I'd need to get them back before I can photograph them properly. But heads up.....

Sold
Brad Paisley Esquire. £750

Not much to say about this that you don't already know. I love it but I love my SC Relics Paisley Thineline just that little more.

Has it's Fender bag too

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6077
    edited February 2022
    SOLD
    Eastman Romeo LA - £1095

Just as it arrived from Mak's in London. I'd say it's absolutely 100% perfect but the paintwork on the inside of the f holes is a little rough and could use a touch of sanding back if these things matter to you. I've been pretty lost in just playing and enjoying it. It's the Gibson styled hollow body that I've been looking for ever since I first swooned at a 335. Where the Gibsons always feels  too big for me, this is much more compact and the body isn't much bigger than a Tele. All the hardware is top notch, the Göldo (Duesenberg) trem flutters really well and the and the SD Phat Cats under those gorgeous gold foil covers are nice and gritty, like a P90 should be. It's fully hollow, so it's very light and VERY alive. Squeals gorgeously when you want it to

• Neck Material:Maple
    • Fingerboard:Ebony
    • Fingerboard Radius:12"
    • Nut:Bone 1.72"
    • Fretwire:Jescar FFW47104-P
    • Scale Length:24.75"
    • Body Dimensions:14.75" x 1.75"
    • Body Top:Spruce Laminate
    • Body Back/Sides:Mahogany Laminate
    • Truss Rod:Single Acting
    • Binding:Top and Back
    • Binding Material:Ivoroid
    • Logo:Pearl Headstock
    • Inlay:Pearl Dots
    • Side Dot Color:Pearl Half Circle
    • Finish:Gloss Finish
    • Hardware Color:Nickel
    • Pickguard:None
    • Tailpiece:Göldo TLT2N Tremolo
    • Bridge:Göldo-3-point-vario-bridge HW2GN
    • Tuners:Göldo MGDBL33N Back Locking Tuners
    • Knobs:Gold Speed Knobs
    • Strap Peg:Gotoh EP-A1
    • Neck Pickup:Seymour Duncan Radiator Phat Cat P-90
    • Bridge Pickup:Seymour Duncan Radiator Phat Cat P-90
    • Pickup Height:3/32"

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2022
    Rivolta Mondata XVIII - Sold £800 £850 £900

Bought revcently after being really really impressed with the Mondata baritone. I was fairly skeptical about the whole Rivolta brand for a while, I know that Denis Fano's reputation speaks very loudly but they are still made by Eastwood and their reputation, when it comes to quality, is not always so hot. But seeing the retailers that have chosen to stock them did suggest they are a top level product. And you know what? They really are. 

The finish is deep and flawless, the fretwork is that of a premium brand, the set up it arrived with is excellent, the pickups have genuine character and it plays with a smooth low action. Oh.... and did I mention, it's sparkly and lovely 3

• Chambered mahogany body w/ mahogany top
    • German carve top w/ raised center block
    • White binding on front and back
    • Set maple neck
    • Ebony fingerboard w/ white binding
    • Full width moto block inlays
    • 3+3 peghead w/ white binding
    • 25" scale length
    • 1.687" nut width
    • C' shape neck carve
    • 3x 'Fumante' Mini-Humbuckers
    • -Bridge: 42AWG / Alnico V / 7.5kOhm
    • -Middle: 42AWG / Alnico V / 6.8kOhm
    • -Neck: 42AWG / Alnico V / 6.2kOhm
    • Master volume, master tone, 2 toggle switches
    • Kluson style tuners
    • Tune-o-matic bridge w/ traditional nylon saddles & Les Trem Tremolo
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Really like the look of the Eastman Romeo La…damn, someone buy my Gretsch. :grimace: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PM’d re: bp 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I had a Romeo LA for a couple of weeks - what a stunning looking guitar it is in the flesh as well. That Celestine Blue is absolutely glorious.
    Call me Dave.
  • MattPMattP Frets: 256
    Beautiful photography. That's how you present a guitar. 
    Really like the look of the Eastman Romeo La…damn, someone buy my Gretsch. :grimace: 
    Hopefully they will, that G looks totally gorgeous.

DB1 said:
    I had a Romeo LA for a couple of weeks - what a stunning looking guitar it is in the flesh as well. That Celestine Blue is absolutely glorious.
    It's a great guitar and (hopefully) without stirring up a debate, the Eastmans come stock with all the sorts of things that people upgrade on the brands that have established themselves to have an authentic reputation.

And just to whet a few whistles, don't take my word for it. Listen to a familiar face play one.

https://youtu.be/hxXmoGKjs5k
    MattP said:
    Beautiful photography. That's how you present a guitar. 
    Thank you muchly. Not usually guitars, other than my own, but snappery is my job.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10923
    I'll echo that sentiment, the photos are stunning 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8348
    edited February 2022
    That Rivolta is frikin amazing. I liked it so much, I bought one too!
    The Eastman stayed with me over Xmas. Beautiful guitar, with rude 90’s. Gooses a valve amp beautifully. Eastman make fabulous guitars. 
    The Esquire has now been lovingly placed in to the hands of its new owner.

So moving along, here's a little taste of what the Rivolta can do. Those mini hums produce some of the biggest and best HB sounds I've played but don't take my work for it, have a listen to this. Bloooooooze and then so much more.

https://youtu.be/Nb9Bluo3KFA
  • How is the Rivolta still here….really wish I had the cash :(
    How is the Rivolta still here….really wish I had the cash :(
    *shrugs*

I’m sure the first person to play it will fall in love. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    edited February 2022
    Beautiful guitars. Decent prices. Stunning pics. Great guy to deal with.

Have a worthy bump...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2514
    What's the upper fret access like on the Romeo?

I know they aren't designed as a shredder's guitar, but the neck & fretboard look to be set unusually deep into the body to me.

This is potentially the only thing putting me off as I've never tried one first hand.
    StefB said:
    What's the upper fret access like on the Romeo?

I know they aren't designed as a shredder's guitar, but the neck & fretboard look to be set unusually deep into the body to me.

This is potentially the only thing putting me off as I've never tried one first hand.
    It’s got a date on Monday with a potential buyer but I’ll get it out the case and investigate when I get in later. I don’t recall it being particularly difficult but I’m seldom over the 17th myself 
    Okay, I’ve had a play and for my hands, it’s completely clear access up to the 17th, on all 6 strings. When I get to the 19th, my hand is pressed against the body, playing the high 3 strings is still okay but the low 3 are not at all comfortable. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8348
    dazzajl said:
    Okay, I’ve had a play and for my hands, it’s completely clear access up to the 17th, on all 6 strings. When I get to the 19th, my hand is pressed against the body, playing the high 3 strings is still okay but the low 3 are not at all comfortable. 
    Nobody has any business being up that end anyway. That’s the 80’s hair metal zone. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajl said:
    Guitars have 17 & 19 frets??? ;)

For the record, @dazzajl is a gent to deal with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I might not get up that end much but that’s only because I lack the know how. Love a bit of 80s hair metal. But it’s true, the Romeo is not a beastie about such things. 

You want a Mondata for such malarkeying about.