SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus 2001 - Honeyburst

RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 321
edited February 2022 in Guitars £
So I’m pretty convinced this must be a Standard Plus because of the beautiful flame top and it comes from around a period considered to be a high point in Gibson’s recent production history. 

I’ve owned this for about two and a half years but haven’t really played it much in that time. I toured with it in late 2019 but then covid happened so it’s largely sat on a stand since then!

I’ll get some better pictures in the morning in the daylight but I’ve posted some below. 

About the guitar - it’s in largely excellent condition for a 21 year old guitar. There’s one very small mark on the binding on the lower edge caused by a singer banging a mic into it and one other on the binding toward the lower bout. There are also some buckle marks in the lacquer on the back but nothing down to the wood.

It has Suhr Thornbuckers. I’ll also provide the originals which are labelled “Patent Applied For” but I believe they’re a 498T and 490R but I’m not 100%. I replaced them to be more PAF-like and less hot. It also had 300K volume pots so I had a RS Guitar Works modern wiring kit recently installed, plus historic pickup rings and Faber brushed nickel locking ABR-1 bridge and tailpiece. 

60s neck and frets all in very good condition and the guitar plays very nicely.

Comes with the official hardshell case which is in decent condition apart from the locking catch doesn’t work.

I’m unsure how exactly to price it but I’ve done a little research on eBay and Reverb and I think it’s worth around £2,000 or thereabouts?

Happy to listen to offers and/or trades. 

Pics;

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom