SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Fender CS Strat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• strat84strat84 Frets: 328
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • demby236demby236 Frets: 13
    I have a '60 CC in Lake Placid Blue with a tort guard (which could obvs be replaced) that I'm considering parting with. It came with checking only and has picked up a few little dings along the way so would say it's more of a journeyman relic now. If you're interested then drop me a message and I can give specs and pics.
    Replied  ;)
    Bump 
    Bump
  • demby236 said:
    I have a '60 CC in Lake Placid Blue with a tort guard (which could obvs be replaced) that I'm considering parting with. It came with checking only and has picked up a few little dings along the way so would say it's more of a journeyman relic now. If you're interested then drop me a message and I can give specs and pics.
    That's sounds amazing. Add some photos 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2322
    There is no shortage of nice CS Strats about.  You must be after something quite specific  
  • Got to say, I've not been after a CS strat but been having a look around since this thread started. 
    CS strat with rosewood board, 2015 on, Handwound pups. 
    Looks like there is either loads of overpriced old custom shops with potential issues and 15 years old or so, then there are the dealers with newer stuff with prices at 3 grand plus. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    bgmartinsbridge said: then there are the dealers with newer stuff with prices at 3 grand plus. 
    I visited one of those ‘dealers’ this week and saw several recent Relics going for over £3k, including one that was on here earlier this year with an asking price of £2150. I nearly bought that one myself when it was on here, but didn’t really want or need it. I thought it would probably re-emerge in the dealer fraternity with a grand plus mark-up. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • You have to wonder how long since of these dealers keep trying to charge £3k+ for guitars that aren't shifting before they decide to lower the price a bit. 

I know they have to make a profit, but I've seen some of these dealers online where they've had ised CS Strats and other 'premium' guitars in stock for months (if not years) without selling.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4245
    You have to wonder how long since of these dealers keep trying to charge £3k+ for guitars that aren't shifting before they decide to lower the price a bit. 

I know they have to make a profit, but I've seen some of these dealers online where they've had ised CS Strats and other 'premium' guitars in stock for months (if not years) without selling.
    And with fuel prices etc going up. the disposable income for shiny toys is going to get increasingly squeezed
    strat84 said:
    Bump
    Have you found your CS Strat or are you still looking? 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    edited March 2022
    @fretfinder - The two aren't incompatible 

@Cookiemonster

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4245
    That’s a v sweet Strat indeed
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2322
    result !
    strat84 said:
    @fretfinder - The two aren't incompatible 
    Indeed that is true!
    Nice Strat, Closet Classic?
    Cheers chaps  :)

@fretfinder Yes Closet Classic. Looks a bit more aged than in that pic above