Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Black Summer (New Single)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    LPManic said:
    Musically sounds great as always, but Kledis lets the side down with the vocal and it's lacking in hooks.

I often think if they'd had someone like Chris Cornell or Layne Staley on vocals they would probably have been the best band of all time.
    It's ironic that in a band of genuine virtuosos, Kiedis is technically the weak link and yet it is his band.

But then again their two biggest hits and eras - Under the Bridge and Californication are his ideas and concepts.

The new single is fine. It is safe and catchy and it has a great Frusciante solo. And it has space for him to rip whenever they start playing it live.

I think in the early days where they were still a bit more "rap metal" his vocals suited them perfectly which is why Blood Sugar Sex Magik is the all time classic that it is. 

As they've gone more towards proper songs he's suited them less and less. 
    BSSM taught me how to play guitar. AMAZING album. And the Funky Monks documentary is incredible too.

I'm looking forward to the new album. They are playing quite close to me this summer, but I didn't try to get tickets. I might go just to see. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • whatwhat Frets: 39
    Strong Barry Chuckle vibes from Kiedis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • what said:
    Strong Barry Chuckle vibes from Kiedis
    To you to me, to you to me…..arrrr me hearties!

• I have a one word response to this song.
    "Meh"
    :)

RHCP output post-Stadium Arcadium has been wank, this track is proof that JF is not the missing ingredient he thinks he is :)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Love Frusciante and love pirates. Win, win for me.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25112
    RHCP output post-Stadium Arcadium has been wank, this track is proof that JF is not the missing ingredient he thinks he is :)
    The most notable feature of their post-Stadium Arcadium period has been a complete absence of Frusciante.  He was literally the missing ingredient, although they did replace him, with a very different ingredient.  Doesn't he deserve more than one track to see what difference he might make?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    That sounds quite good. I'll give the new album a listen since he's back...

My favourite Chilis albums are By The Way, Californication and Stadium Arcadium... I don't mind the earlier first-JF period, and I can see why a lot of fans think it's the best, but the more melodic/less funky stuff in the second JF period trumps it for me.

I never liked the pre-JF, Dave Navarro or Josh Klinghoffer albums really.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom